Thursday, June 6, 2024

March 16 -31, 2024 Doing Necessary Things

Mar 16 - Saturday-Steve busied himself washing off the back porch this morning. I did some shopping all around Perry. We walked and tried to get Zoey to go - but she wasn’t interested. She has had some trouble with her back and arthritis, so sometimes she needs a little more rest. 

Mar 17-Sunday- This is the day that the family is coming up for a cook out. The weather could have been a little better, but we cooked hamburgers on the grill and had beans and chips. We also had some dessert. I told everyone to wear some green since it was St. Patrick’s Day! I didn't get pictures of the rest of the family, they left to early!

Steve & Mariana

Mariana & I

Mariana wearing cool sunglasses!

Logan (tongue out), Mariana, Ceilo


Mar 18-Monday-This was a laundry Monday. Also we went to pick up the mail and buy some groceries. It was chilly today and I fixed chili for supper!

Mar 19-Tuesday-Well we did all the routine morning things. Then we ordered a device for the computer. I also checked on some bills. Later I helped Steve with picking up leaves and sticks. It got windy so we went back inside. We had supper at La Macarena with Linda and Hazel. 

Mar 20-Wednesday-Today was not too special. We did some computer work (which gobbles up time). and then a few other items. We also took a nice walk.

Mar 21-Thursday-The big event for today was going to Walmart for groceries. We went after lunch and that was not the best time to go. There are more people there at that time. Next time we will try to arrive there earlier. I checked in with our county assessor and we do not owe any taxes. Yea!

Mar 22-Friday-Well we were up to our usual putzing this morning. Then Steve worked on the RV engine battery. We also ordered a doodad for the computer and some printer ink. We have an appointment at H & R Block tomorrow. We got in a walk also today. 

Mar 23-Saturday. After checking in with H& R Block - we are good. We don’t owe any taxes. We have been watching some NCAA Basketball games. They get really good during March Madness. 

Crocus

Buster getting some sun.


Mar 24-Sunday- This was a pretty slow day. We watched Basketball and car races. There was some rain that kept us from doing outside things. 


Beautiful full moon

 

Mar 25-Monday. Today we have the AT & T tech here to check out our internet - It is very slow. He found a short and it is supposedly fixed. 

Mar 26-Tuesday-Again it was a pretty slow day. I paid some bills and we checked our mail. Later we had supper with Linda and Hazel.

Mar 27-Wednesday-I talked to At&T again. We need a technician again! The internet is very slow! It’s so aggravating! I was able to mow the front yard. I called to check on cemetary plots and a funeral plan for Steve and I. We are planning to do these not fun things before we leave on our summer trip. 

Bad Internet


Mar 28-Thursday-We were up at 7:15. Another AT& T Technician is supposed to be here today. He checked things out and we still were not getting a whole lot better speeds. He wanted me to call and have AT&T change something - and I was very belligerent and would not do it. He finally got the company to do it and the speed came up. We will see how long it lasts. This fall I may change to Bluepeak. Although I don’t love them because they left all the branches in our ditch a few years back. We went to the cemetary and bought 2 plots. Steve and I will be in one and my first husband in the other. 

Mar 29-Friday-I paid bills today. Then Steve and I looked up different routes on the computer. In the afternoon we worked on quarters.

Mar 30-Saturday-Today we drove the RV out to Perry Lake and hooked up the utilities. This is spring cleaning day for the RV and testing the new hot water heater. Of course there were some difficulties with the water heater (a leak) that had to be fixed. Steve did it! Then we shampooed the carpet and did other deep cleaning of the RV. We also changed the sheets on the RV bed! On one of our trips between the house and RV I got pulled over by a town cop. I was speeding! Can you believe that! He only gave me a warning though. I was glad of that. Now I will be slower. Who says old folks follow all the rules?  LOL

Mar 31-Sunday-After getting dressed we returned to the RV and finished the cleaning. Steve also flushed our tanks really good. We finished about 4:30 PM and went home and relaxed.

No comments:

Post a Comment