Sunday, June 2, 2024

Mar 1 - Mar 15, 2024 Doing Things Outside

Mar 1- Friday-  We watched Glacier Coversations on You Tube. Then we worked on the coin collection. Later we organized the shed and hauled off some junk.

Mar 2 - Saturday-I helped Steve straighten up the small shed. We also hauled off some more junk. Getting rid of stuff we don’t use or need is one of my favorite things to do. 

Mar 3- Sunday-Today Steve worked on his tool boxes. They were a mess and he wanted to organize them. I helped him with that also. 

Mar 4 -Monday-Today was laundry day. So we worked on that. Steve was still working on his tools also. I had ordered a couch cover for the RV and it was too small. We mailed it back at the Post Office. Then we paid a few bills. Steve installed a new battery in my MacBook Air. We had looked up on You Tube how to replace it. We ordered the replacement battery from Amazon and the repair went great! I talked to JC and also Pam (she was groggy). 

Mar 5-Tuesday-I didn’t get up until 9:00 AM. I helped Steve work outside with the weeds in the ditch behind our fence. We are trying to kill the weeds there so the water will flow through the ditch into the storm drain. We joined Linda and Hazel at La Macarena for supper. 

Mar 6-Wednesday-Today we were off to Stillwater. We made our first stop at Lowe’s and then it was on to Walmart. We were home by lunch. We worked out in the back yard on the drain under our sidewalk to the shed. That was a bigger job than I expected. Steve got all muddy too! We also had to cut a root out of the fence.


One of the first signs of spring!

Mar 7-Thursday-After our morning routine, we went back to the backyard and worked on the drain. It was a pretty day and we sat in our swing to relax. 

Mar 8-Friday-Today I got fixed up a little better than usual. We drove to Enid to Vance Air Force Base  so I could get a new military ID. The new one I got does not expire. Then we went to the commissary to check out prices. The weather changed to cold rain with a little bit of sleet thrown in for fun! We got home by lunchtime. So the afternoon was taking it easy with some TV and a nap for good measure. 

Mar 9-Saturday-It was pretty cool today - about 40°. I paid some bill and worked on the computer. I ordered a new mouse for our desktop computer. And we checked out our new couch cover and it fits. Yea! 

Mar 10-Sunday-Pretty much the same old thing today. The highlight was working in the shed again with Steve. We had pizza for supper. 

Mar 11-Monday-Steve worked in his shed. I did some errands around town. I went to Thorn’s, the post office and Homeland. Later we picked up gas for the lawnmower.

Mar 12-Tuesday-Steve did more work in the shed. Later I helped him work in the ditch behind the fence. We had a nice walk today. Later we had hamburgers at Braum’s.

Mar 13-Wednesday-After our morning routine was finished. I mowed the grass in front. Steve cleaned out the pickup and car. He does a great job detailing vehicles. 

Mar 14-Thursday-Today we did a Walmart run after our morning routine was over. We took a short stroll around the neighborhood today. For supper we ate at the Boomerang to celebrate Hazel’s birthday! We had their shrimp basket while it was on special. Our boss in Montana sent us this picture of Echo Lake-It was still iced over today.

A shot of the dock at Echo Lake (MT), The lake is iced over in this picture!


Mar 15-Friday- We had our breakfast and got ready. About 10:00 AM we left to got to Bartlesville to visit with Pam & JC. Paige & Dave joined us for lunch at Rib Crib. Then we were back to Pams and a stop at Paige’s also. It was 6:30 before we got back home. The drive to Bartlesville and back is a long one.

Pam & I 


Pam & I ( my selfies aren't too good)


Steve saw this pay phone when we stopped for a snack stop and wanted his picture taken with it. So I obliged!


2 comments:

  1. There you are!!! Boy it looks pretty chilly up there!!! So does the phone WORK??? A beautiful place to spend the summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm not wanting to publish comment. I'll try again tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete