Thursday, July 12, 2012

7/7/12 Saturday - Alternator and Klickitat River

Well after we got up and around Steve put on the alternator and the belt (easier typed than done)!! We had lunch and left to see the Klickitat River.
This is one of the places I have been wanting Steve to see since the first time we tent camped in Colorado(2002). So off we went. I had been to a camping spot on the Klickitat River with my Mom, Dad and sister Nancy when I was about 12. Dad's cousin, Ralph Stout took us there, caught a steelhead trout (that we packed in dry ice and took back to Woodward). Nancy & I were going to wade in the River but it was too cold. Steve and I had a great time investigating and trying to find the spot. The river is a wild and scenic river with NO dams. They have a trail for hiking, biking or horseback riding that goes along the river for 31 miles. Wish I was in good enough shape to hike or bike that. Then we drove to the Bonneville Fish Hatchery. It is a beautifully landscaped park along with a fish hatchery--so nice--we walked around, took a few pics then back to the RV.

No comments:

Post a Comment