Tuesday, September 6, 2016

September 3, 2016. Saturday Taking it easy and preparing to leave

My sister, Pam called this morning and told me a bad earthquake had hit around Pawnee, OK.  Since I know people over there - I was worried.  I texted my friend Kellie and found out that her parents' house had sustained a lot of damage - it was very near the epicenter. And to top it off their 50th wedding anniversary is coming up on the 9th of September.  She had hauled off a load of glass in her pickup and they were using a front end loader to scoop up rocks and put them in a grain truck.  She said the tile flooring was broken into pieces also.  I sure feel sorry for them - but they are strong and will overcome it. 
Steve and I went to Walmart to stock up on supplies. When we left we saw a tent in the parking lot - not just RV's.  Crazee. 

We just hung out at the RV and took it easy.  The dogs really enjoyed this place because they got to dig for varmits.  We never saw any creatures - just holes and once in a while a squeak.  It sure did make the dogs go wild though.



We had a beautiful sunset and will depart in the morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment