Friday, April 28, 2017

April, 2017 Spring Has Sprung

We have been super busy. We are completing tasks in preparation for spring and summer traveling. We have taken some nice walks, and enjoyed some pretty nice weather most days. As a kind of surprise - a few days this month- the temperature dropped back down into the 40's. We run the air conditioner and heater - sometimes both on the same day. I got a hair cut and color at the beginning of the month. On April 7th we went to the VA Medical center in OKC to pick up the orthotics that were custom fitted for Steve. We got there before noon and did not get finished until 4:45 PM. They were short two clinicians and it was suggested that people come back at a later date, but that would not have worked for us. We have too many other things to accomplish, so we waited. It was good to get them done, and Steve's feet feel better. During my days off, I do other routine things like, grocery shopping, bank statements, bill paying and making lists. On Friday the 14th of April we updated our GPS and did trip planning. I purchased a Zone Pass from Thousand Trails and got an additional zone (2 for the price of one). We have no experience with Thousand Trails, but want to try it out and see how it works for us. I will update that after our trip. On Saturday the 15th, we went to El Reno to celebrate Logan's 12th birthday. First we watched him play soccer, then cake and presents. Next was the Elevation Station to jump on trampolines. We finished with supper at the Outback. It was a nice day. Usually one day of the week-end is rest & relaxation day! Naps! On the 18th of April I went to Ponca City for my 6 month checkup with my doctor and instead of my usual 3 day workweek - I worked 4 days! It made me tired! On Saturday & Sunday (22 & 23) we took the RV to Perry Lake and de-winterized it, shampooed the carpets, lubed the jacks and slides and cleaned out the big bin on the driver's side. Again, I was pooped after this. We enjoyed the outing though, especially the dogs. Buster and Zoey (Poopsie) were so happy to go spend the night in the RV. They love it! It was chilly with a wind out of the north on Saturday, but the cool temps actually help Steve. Sunday the temperature was excellent. On Tuesday, the 25th, we got the yard mowed, bought groceries, paid some more bills and I listened to a webinar. Very productive day. Then it was back to work for two more days. Today, Friday the 28th I returned to the Eye Doctor, Sold some Thirty-one products, Took our dogs to the vet for their annual vaccinations and we had a walk around the neighborhood. We are looking forward to May - I am going to take a Wordpress class at Vo-tech, my sister is going to get her hip replaced and then we are going to New Orleans, LA to a Nutrition Symposium. It will be a great trip. After that, we will return home and I will work a few weeks, help my sister if needed and go to one more doctor appointment at the VA for Steve, then we will head to the Pacific Northwest. We have our route pretty well planned out. We will go north and do a stop at Niobrara State Park in Nebraska, a place I have been interested in seeing since I worked for the Ponca Tribe. Next we will re-visit South Dakota and some of it's attractions. After that we will head to North Dakota and visit Theodore Roosevelt NP while adding a new state to our travel map. Then a few stops in Montana and on to Washington, Oregon and home through California by way of Mt. Shasta and Lake Tahoe! I am getting really excited to get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment