Thursday, January 10, 2019

2019 - A New Year has arrived!


On the 1st day of January (Tuesday) - I watched the Rose Parade.  I always enjoy seeing the floats and bands! It started off cold this year.  I found out that a friend's husband had passed away and today was his visitation at the funeral home here in town. I went and visited her and the family to share my condolences. I also did some errands.
Wednesday - I was up at 7:30 and fixed us some sausage, biscuits and gravy! I have been wanting this breakfast for about 2 weeks!  Boy was it good!  I have always been able to make good gravy and today was no different.  I had to deal with Apple today regarding some gift cards from Christmas.  I made a mammogram appointment, went to the YMCA for a walk and did other errands.
Thursday - I paid bills, made a hair appointment, ordered a headstone for my sister and checked up on my meds.  In addition - Steve & I cleaned out 3 dresser drawers! That gives a great sense of accomplishment. Now I love to look in my dresser.
New Shoes!
Woke up to ice on trees Friday!
Friday - 4th - Today we went to Stillwater.  We made several stops: Academy, Lowe's Walmart and salads at Wendy's. We also stopped and talked to the City of Perry about our storm drain.  I also did a short walk at the Y today in addition to the shopping.
Storm Drain

Saturday - We have been working on our exercise and eating better. Today was a beautiful day, so we walked at CCC Lake. Next we started on our bedroom closet, we have a goal of cleaning out all the closets this month!  We watched Log Cabin Living and the Dallas Cowboys (
they won)!
Sunday - Today was another nice day, but it was windy. We watched some football and tried to install Steve's backup camera in his pickup. It was supposed to have no gridlines - but it did have gridlines. Bummer! So we stopped messing with it and contacted the seller. We walked our dogs in the neighborhood which they love. They love to snoop around and bark at the other dogs! Next we sorted Steve's clothes for about an hour and a half.  We  had three piles: Keep, Donate, Trash. We are making progress!
Monday - 7th - I spoke to Melba about ordering Nancy's headstone. We did laundry and started on my side of the closet. I can't believe how many clothes I still have. I cleaned out my clothes last year, so I didn't think I had so many. But we had another big bunch to donate and some to trash. We went to Stillwater to check at Best Buy for a different backup camera - no luck. They didn't have what we wanted.  Then it was a stop at Lowe's for weather-stripping for the back door. We also checked at an after market place for trucks about a different backup camera, with no luck. When we got back home - naps were the order of the day.
Tuesday - 8th - After getting around I took pictures of what the backup camera displayed. That is what the seller wanted to see in order to get some resolution to our problem.  Then we were off to the beauty shop to get fixed up, color and hair trims!  We walked at CCC Lake at Perry with the dogs. I can't tell you how happy our dogs are to walk with us!  They love it! We had supper at La Mac with Linda and Hazel.  All and all the new year has been pretty good!
Grid lines - we don't want them


No comments:

Post a Comment