Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Am I glad to be home? Feb 20, 2019

I started this blog last fall after my sister asked me if I would be glad to get home.  The answer to that question is not easy. Yes I miss my family and friends and want to see them, but I love being out and about in the RV.  In the RV some things are more difficult and some are easier. I love exploring new places and returning to old favorites. I am fond of the the mountains and clear water that we see when we travel.  And I love seeing wildlife! We are more active when we are out in the RV, because the dogs need walked and that is the driving force for exercise. Plus hooking up the pickup and the utilities and unhooking require a little effort also. There are some things that are more difficult in the RV and that includes getting our medications, going to the laundromat, getting supplies, having less room. In addition, sometimes you may not get the greatest place to stay when you are passing through an area or the best cellular signal.  So as you can see there are pluses and minuses at home and in the RV.  I think we have the best of both worlds by traveling part-time and staying home part-time. So that is how we roll!
I do have hitch itch bad now. We have been having some cold weather and some days with snow or ice and I am ready for warmer temperatures.  We are contemplating a spring trip to Texas, if all goes well.

Benefits to being Home
Seeing family  and friends
Hot water without turning the hot water heater on and more capacity
Bigger refrigerator, freezer and an ice maker
Back Yard for the dogs
TV - no trouble changing locations
Bigger Shower
Washer & Dryer
Dishwasher
Wifi
Catching up with doctor appointments


No comments:

Post a Comment