Thursday, November 5, 2020

October 1-11, 2020 Busy at Home

Thursday - Oct 1

We went to OKC and got new tires for the pickup at Hibdon’s. Then I went  to Dillard’s and bought two new pairs of jeans. Boy was that store deserted. Also they may not continue to carry the brand I like (Allison Daly). That disappoints me. I guess I am going to have to start shopping at Kohl’s, Belk or CJ Banks. Our next stop was Onan - Cummins dealer where we got the part ordered for the generator. Kristi met us and we went to Texas Roadhouse for supper and exchanged vehicles. We got my car back and she took the pickup. Steve told her to be careful with his new tires!

Part for Generator (Exhaust)


Friday - Oct 2

I took the car to Vance Chevrolet to get the oil change and we also picked up the mail. Then we get our new electric bill and had a fit! The water portion of our bill showed that we had used 30,000 + gallons of water between Sept 1 & 10 when we were still in Montana. I have no idea how that could have happened. Anyway, they checked the meter and said it wasn’t the problem. I asked them about an appeal process - which they replied that they would have to get back to us on that. Also I asked about getting the spark plugs changed on the car - Vance said it would cost $480. WOW I had another fit! I called the Chevy dealer at Stillwater and they said it would cost $250. I am getting my oil changes and service done here in Vance where I bought it because they guarantee the power train to 100,000 miles if you do that. But wow! Steve will probably change the spark plugs when needed. 


Saturday - Oct 3

After we got around, we went to Enid and had lunch with Pam. We watched OSU football and they beat Kansas pretty good. We also stopped at the Walmart Market and then went home. 


Sunday - Oct 4

I called Dish to cancel our satellite services on the RV. We also watched Dallas Cowboys get beat by Cleveland. Late we went to  OKC  to meet Kristi and the kids at Olive Garden for supper. We exchanged vehicles again and returned home. 


Monday - Oct 5

Today we celebrated our 18th anniversary and Marsha’s birthday! We did some business in town and checked on the mail. Steve got me some beautiful roses! Then we just hung out around the house and completed our laundry. I heard back from the City of Perry and they said they didn't really have an appeal process - but would reduce the $300 bill to about $148. So I guess it helped to have a fit!



Tuesday - Oct 6

Today I had WW Zoom meeting and then later we both got hairdos at Linda’s. Steve did some work on the RV generator. We met Linda and Hazel at the Kumback for supper. 


Wednesday - Oct 7 

We got up and walked then went to Lowe’s at Stillwater to look for bolts for the generator. We didn’t have any luck there. We ate lunch at Schlotzsky’s and did our grocery shopping at Walmart. Then it was back home!


Thursday - Oct 8

We  putzed around  some then Steve worked on the generator and I hemmed my jeans. Steve also sprayed the back yard to try to kill these bugs we have. Our internet was out most of the afternoon. AT & T never gives us any warning - it just goes out! That irritates me! I made us a nice supper of meatloaf and baked potatoes. We took a walk after supper. 

Halloween Decorations about a block from our house



Friday - Oct 9

After we got up and around we walked in the morning. Steve worked on the fan blower motor of Kristi’s car. I worked on the blog. We went to O’Reilly’s because Steve was hoping to find just the cage for the fan blower motor - but of course you have to buy the cage and the motor - OK! We picked up leaves and branches in the front yard. Steve installed the fan blower motor in Kristi’s car. I worked on  catching up our bookkeeping in Quicken. 

Flowers we saw in the drainage ditch on our walk


Saturday & Sunday - Oct 10 & 11

We did our usual morning routine and walked then we watched a lot of football. We worked on the computer some and had an easy relaxing week-end!

Fall colors displayed on a tree in our neighborhood


No comments:

Post a Comment