Tuesday, April 6, 2021

March, 2021 It's Beginning to be Springlike!

 Well March didn't start out too exciting. Steve has been working on a short in the RV and that kept him busy. I changed our Roadside Assistance to Escapees this year. We are pushing Lowes every chance we get to get the kitchen remodel going. Things are happening slowly on that front. Of course we are doing routine things, like getting our groceries and keeping up with our banking and bill paying. Steve installed new spark plugs in the RV.  Logan came up and spent some time with us and helped Steve with the RV work. Steve was able to get his first COVID vaccine and I got my second one on the 6th of March.

Full Moon - Mar 1

We all got hairdos and cuts at Linda's on the 9th of March. And since it was Tuesday we had supper at La Macarena here in Perry to celebrate Hazel's birthday. The guys are still working on the RV short and putting things back together. We have enjoyed watching the  Big 12 tournament and we were happy to see so many of the teams in our conference make it to the NCAA tournament. My team, OK State got 2nd in the Big 12 tournament. 

Hazel's birthday picture!

Part of the items we ordered for the kitchen remodel arrived on March 12th. The range was wrong - I guess  I emailed the salesperson the wrong number. Anyway we sent it back. We re-ordered the correct range (stainless steel) and went to Lowes to pay the difference. We also picked out the hardware we needed. On Sunday, the 14th, Steve, Logan and I took the dogs for a nice walk at CCC Lake. They have made a nice little trail there and we really enjoyed it. 

Steve, Logan, Buster & Poopsie on the CCC Trail

I guess since spring is coming we are doing some extra things. We ordered a new shade cover for our  patio gazebo and finally decided it was time to put it on while Logan was here to help us. We also changed the sheets on the bed (what a job)! We have an adjustable bed and it is quite a process to get the sheets changed. Also we met up with Kristi on the 15th so Logan to get back home and attend soccer practice.  

Bison living just south of Perry (Mar 15th)


We went to Texas Roadhouse with the girls on the 16th and also bought a new office chair for Steve. It is quite nice. It's a Lazy Boy and pretty snazzy. Steve also bought some new overalls for the summer. On Friday the 19th - Steve had a bad toothache - Of course the dentist couldn't see him til the following Monday. Also on Friday, OK State beat Liberty University in their first game of the big tournament. Steve didn't do too much over the week-end except nurse his toothache. On Saturday, I drove over to Enid and had lunch with my sister Pam at Napoli's. It was good but a little pricey for lunch. Sunday we watched OK State get beat by Oregon State in the 2nd round of the NCAA tournament. 

On the 23rd (Tuesday) we had our usual supper with Linda and Hazel, then went to OKC for Steve's MRI on his back. Kristi is dealing with her car problem. I got online and purchased my lifetime Senior Citizen Hunting and Fishing License ($25). I doubt I'll do any hunting, but I think Steve and I need to go fishing. Kristi purchase a new to her SUV on the 25th.  Another highlight of this week was on Friday - we loaded up some old junk and hauled it off to the dump. It's a spring thing, getting rid of junk! We also had to pick up branches in the front yard and Steve had to do a little work on the RV Hood. We went to OKC on Saturday, the 27th to watch Logan play soccer. It was kind of funny because as we drove up to the soccer field, I saw the Woodward Boomers Activity Bus. Logan's team was playing the team from my hometown! Hmmm.. who to root for?  I rooted for   Logan's team, but the lost by 1 point. Darn! Kristi and her boyfriend, John joined us for lunch at Chili's. Later I went to REI and ordered some shoes. On Palm Sunday (28th), we got dressed up and went to Bartlesville. My niece Paige had invited us over for a celebratory lunch. We celebrated my great nephew's (Landon) birthday and Easter. On our return home I turned a corner too short and my right rear wheel fell into a pothole. It made the rocker panel come off. Steve said he can fix it!

Full Moon Mar 26
Soccer Game Mar 27


I got the oil changed on the car (30th). We also got an update on our kitchen remodel - which is still slow going. For supper this week - we went to Freddy Paul's in Stillwater. It has been around for years, but I had never eaten there. It was OK, but pricey - not sure I would return. That about sums up the highlights for March.

Ranchers are burning off grass pastures in Osage County, OK 

Just a few pics on our way to Bartlesville Mar 28

Landon, Rachel, Me, Steve, Parker

Paige, Pam, Me

Parker, JC, Pam, Rachel, Landon




Top: Paige, Parker, David
Bottom: Landon, Rachel

Me, Steve



1 comment:

  1. You certainly have been busy!! Love the bison pictures. Can't wait to see pictures of your kitchen. It's always so nice to get projects like that completed.

    ReplyDelete