Tuesday, June 1, 2021

May, 1 - 6, 2021 Tying Up Loose Ends

May has started and we have may things to do before we take off for Montana. On May 1 I mowed the front yard and the north side of the fence, while Steve helped me. Logan and Steve mounted our new satellite dish on the RV. We worked on the ditch behind the fence in the back yard. Later we enjoyed watching the Kentucky Derby. For supper we ate at La Macarena in Perry. Sunday I finished mowing and the guys completed their work on the ditch. Pam & JC came over and we went over what things they need to know if they end up staying at our house after their house sells. They are having trouble finding a house to buy in Bartlesville.  On Monday, I had to get a new drivers' license because mine expires in August and I won't be here then. So I got that taken care of. Then I did some mowing in the back yard. The guy took down the honeysuckle vine and the pergola it was growing on. It seemed to die out from the rough winter we had. We also worked on the ditch behind the fence. We are trying to get it cleaned out so the water will not run into our back yard and kill the grass. In between these things we did laundry. I also took the keys to Hazel.On Tuesday I went to Linda's to get my hair colored. Then we had lunch. After that I ran the vacuum sweeper and Steve ran the carpet shampooer. We also washed our kitchen curtains and Logans bed sheets. Next we drove to OKC and watched Logan play in the state Soccer Playoffs. They lost, but we enjoyed the game. After it was over we went out to eat at Texas Roadhouse and got home late for us older folks! Wednesday we drove back to OKC for Steve's SCI appointment. I went to Target and got a paper towel holder and then we were back home in time for lunch. We worked on putting away more kitchen stuff and hanging the curtains back up . Plus we washed the blankets. The young guy who is going to tend to our yard - cam by and we gave him the first half of his money. Thursday we started packing the RV. We also paid bills and did other things to prepare for our trip. Steve worked on  washing the RV windshield also. 

No comments:

Post a Comment