Sunday, April 10, 2022

February 16 - 28, 2022

Wednesday (16th) After doing our morning routine I went to the hospital to check on Maxine and stayed a couple of hours. Then it was back home for lunch and a walk. Thursday   (17th) Again   I went tot he hospital to sit with Maxine so Linda could fix Hazel's hair. Maxine seemed better. The doctor wants to put her in a swing bed so she can get physical therapy. I had a couple of stops downtown at the post office and grocery store. Then Steve an I had lunch and took it easy. Today I renewed our Escapees club membership and Escapees Roadside Assistance. Roadside Assistance coverage always make me feel a little safer when we hit the road. Friday (18th) we went to Walmart in Stillwater after we got ready. I also picked up my meds there and some for Linda also. When we got all our stuff unloaded and put away, we rested a bit. Saturday (19th) wasn't too busy. Steve fixed the car window button in my car (passenger side) and we also ordered new speakers for the pickup. Later we tuned in to the Olympics and wound down for the day. Sunday (20th) Nothing too exciting today - we watched the Olympics and I made Chicken Pot Pie for supper! Whoop Whoop! 

Monday (21st) Today President's Day is celebrated. We did all the normal things including Laundry. He also put 2 new speakers in his pickup. It was 70  degrees and we had an enjoyable walk. Tuesday (22nd) today it was 17 degrees in the morning and the high was 30. The weather changed drastically! We changed the sheets on our bed and put different ones on. We have an adjustable King size bed - so it is quite an undertaking when we change those sheets! Steve & I ate supper at La Macarena without Linda and Hazel because they were otherwise occupied. Wednesday (23rd) Again it was very cold when we got up, 11° at 9:45 Am. So it  was an inside day and we just putzed around. 

A little more snow!

Thursday   (24th) It was more of the same. Another inside day because it was only 23 degrees at 5:00 PM. My question of the day is: "When will winter end?" Friday (25th) Today's high was 30°! So we stayed inside most of the day. I did put out some ice melt. And in other news, the war in Ukraine started today! Saturday (26th) Again it was an inside day and we started watching Tin Star on Prime. It's an interesting series, but the British accent is hard for me to follow. Sunday (27th) we did routine morning things. In the afternoon, I watched Steve fix the window on the south side of the house. The birds had made a nest there and they were making lots of noise in the mornings. There were two boards he had to replace that had gotten rotten and allowed the birds access. He did a great job. He also fixed my seat belt in the RV. Our supper was taco salad.

Monday (28th) Today is the last day of February. We started out with  laundry and then found out the battery in the pickup was bad. So we went to O'Reilly's and got a replacement for no charge, because it wasn't that old.  He also put in new battery cable ends and installed all them. We started gathering stuff up for a trip in the RV. He packed the pickup and I worked on inside stuff. The plan it to leave tomorrow and go to Dewey to see my sister and stay a few days then mosey around the countryside a bit.  Stay tuned! 

1 comment:

  1. I'm still waiting for winter to end. Have to remind myself it's not even May yet.

    ReplyDelete