Sunday, December 31, 2017

Christmas and Happy New Year's

Well I left this blog about the 19th of December - just before Christmas. We made a trip to Stillwater to get the Christmas groceries. What a chore! But so glad we can afford to buy what we want! That is nice. Thursday the 21st, I returned to Enid for work and lunch out with my sister Pam. That was nice! I also did a little more looking around, at Eskimo Joe's (no luck), Dillard's (2 shirts) and Penney's (nothing).
Friday rolled around and I checked on my sister Nancy - she is still in the Select Specialty Hospital in OKC - so we got some  stuff for her and took it to her for a little pre-Christmas cheer. Then we were really brave and went to the mall. We didn't buy anything but a little supper and we just people watched.  Sometimes that is fun!

Saturday, the 23rd of December I was struck with the Christmas Crud - Yes, I got sick and stayed sick all through Christmas! In fact I am still not well.  Kristi  and the kids arrived Saturday evening and we had a nice pot of soup. Sunday, Steve and I were on the road to have Christmas Eve with my sister Pam and her family in Enid. The kids stayed home and baked Santa cookies.  On Christmas day we opened our many presents and watched the kids open their presents. Then we cooked Christmas dinner and basically took it easy - and Steve joined me on the sick list.  Also - Kristi was starting to feel sick. She and Austyn returned to El Reno and Logan stayed with us.


Paige & Nancy
Pam & Nancy
Austyn

Logan


On Tuesday - the 26th, I went to work and charted on 7 patients but did not visit them - because I was too sick. I then left work, filled my car with gasoline and headed home. When I arrived everyone loaded up in my car and I drove Steve to the Stillwater VA clinic. Even though he had an appointment, we were there about 2 hours. Then we got a voucher for a Z-Pack to pick up at Food Pyramid. Then a short stop at the Walmart Market for a few more supplies to fight off this sickness.
We all stayed home on Wednesday and everyone griped at me to go to the doctor - so I got an appointment for Thursday in Ponca City, with my doctor. And a return trip to Walmart for a prescription and more supplies.

Friday the 29th of December - it was Steve's birthday (57) and since none of us felt too great - we stayed home and rested. I did make him a chocolate pie. Saturday brought more rest and recuperation.
And today, the 31st of December - we went to Oklahoma City and ate at Texas Roadhouse to celebrate his birthday with Kristi and the kids.  Logan returned to his mom and the kids will go back to school on Wednesday.
Steve and I returned home and napped and watched football. We will ring in the New Year here at home! Hopefully in better health!



No comments:

Post a Comment