Wednesday, December 20, 2017

December, The Holiday Month

On the 1st of December, a Friday - we got to stay home.  Steve put a pump in the ice maker and we caught up with our bookkeeping and bill paying. My sister Nancy was transferred to Select Specialty Hospital in OKC - a Long Term Acute Hospital.  Saturday, we decided the pump on the ice maker was not working so we went to Stillwater. At Lowe's, we bought a new ice maker and  a garbage disposal. In addition, we went shopping with stops at Best Buy, Academy Outdoors, Schlotzky's for lunch and Walmart. This pretty much did us in!
Sunday, when I called Nancy, she told me they took out her feeding tube and she had a low heart rate about 3:30 AM.  Steve & I whiled away our day watching Football and paying a few more bills. On Monday the 4th, I went to work again. It was actually kind of nice to go to work and do something different. Tuesday, we got up early and went to the VA in OKC for Steve's annual appointment with the SCI clinic. This is the door decoration made by the SCI clinic Nurses - It is a bedpan and urinal bottles to make a reindeer head! CUTE!

Then we visited Nancy at her hospital. We had lunch at Panera Bread and then returned home. We had our usual supper with Linda & Hazel at La Macarena. Wednesday's chores included getting a new tag for my car mailing Christmas cards to Steve's sisters and making a batch of chili. Nancy had more progress in her recovery. Thursday we went back to Stillwater to Lowe's and got a different ice maker - the 1st one didn't work. We also got some stuff to work on the front door - because it doesn't close tight and of course we went to Walmart to pick up medicine and other stuff. Friday we returned to OKC to the VA for another appointment and visited Nancy, then we returned home to rest.
Saturday and Sunday were kind of lazy days, we watched football, napped, cooked and walked around the square. Steve installed the new Garbage Disposal.
When Monday rolled around, I returned to work and Steve worked on the front door plus he did laundry and vacuumed the floor. Tuesday we went back to Lowe's for more stuff to fix the front door, then we ate lunch at Schlotzkys and did a round at Walmart.  We ate supper at La Macarena with Hazel - Linda had a program to go to so did not eat with us. Wednesday we had to go back to Stillwater and get a different doorknob kit at Lowe's! Yes again - many trips to Lowe's for these items we needed to repair stuff around here. I mailed out Christmas Cards and a gift card to my sister, Marsha. On Thursday, I got up a little earlier than usual and went to Thorn's (a flower & gift shop) here in Perry - for their 50% off sale. Boy we did good - lots of presents bought at half price! We got our Christmas Tree up and decorated. I made Orange Chicken for supper and also checked in on my sister Nancy.


Friday was busy wrapping presents! After that we did our bank statements and I started going through my picture/card drawer. I want to figure out some way to organize them.

Saturday we went to OKC/Yukon and did some more Christmas Shopping and attended Austyn's Dance Recital.

We also went by and visited my sister.
Sunday we watched Football, did laundry and caught up our bookkeeping again. ( I think I see a pattern here! LOL)
Monday the 18th I returned to work and then came home and napped. Tuesday, I slept in and then worked out the Christmas Menu and grocery shopping list! Another chore. I re-typed my Christmas Address labels on the correct template to match my labels. I ordered a couple more things from Amazon! I was happy because we found my electronic picture frame - now I can load some pictures on it and watch them more frequently. We did clean out some of the cabinets in the kitchen and got rid of some junk!  Progress is great. We also ate supper at La Macarena with Linda and Hazel and exchanged presents!
Now the Blog is caught up for awhile! Yea!
Picture of me and my sisters (taken about 18 years ago)!

Me on the left, then Marsha, Nancy & Pam
This is my Mom, who we lost in 2002. This was taken when she turned 80.

Sometimes the Holidays make us a little melancholy when we remember our loved ones who have passed on before us. 



No comments:

Post a Comment