Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Catching Up March 28, 2018

When I type 2018, I just can't believe it! I still remember reading "1984" in High School and thinking that year was a long ways away.  Well that year has been and gone and here I am in 2018. Who would have thought?
I left you at March 6 and we have had a few busy days since then. We usually make a Walmart run weekly. On the 8th of March we went to Enid and I delivered Thank You notes to my co-workers for my retirement gift. While there, we went to the commissary at Vance Air Force Base and stocked up on some meat.
Setting up the new bed has been a process. We got some different sheets, but the fitted ones won't stay on and we ordered bed garters to solve that problem. Plus Steve needed a foam top for his side. So those things came in and on Saturday the 10th we put those items on the bed. The bed is way too tall for me, so we searched for shorter legs. We ended up calling the furniture store where we bought the bed and had them order the shorter legs.  We found out by email on Friday the 9th of March that We were not chosen for camp hosts at Flathead Lake State Park. I spent some time on Volunteer.gov looking at wonkamping jobs.  On Sunday we applied for workamper jobs in Oregon (Fish & Wildlife) and a different place in Montana. I also set up a Facebook Party event with Donna. That was interesting!
On Monday the 12th of March Linda used her pickup and drove us and our old bed to El Reno for Austyn (our granddaughter) to use. That took up most of the day. Tuesday I had an eye exam and I can still barely see the big E without my glasses or contacts. My eyes are not worse and not really better either. On Wednesday we took the RV out to Vance Chevrolet to get the oil changed because the Quick Oil Change place in Perry - closed. I think it might be in bankruptcy. We will miss that! I hope someone buys it and gets it going again. Vance Chevrolet doesn't have a pit to use for oil changes and so they were not all that happy to do the service on the RV. Oh Well we paid them anyway and they did it.
Thursday, we did a few chores like checking on our personal taxes, and airing up the tires on the RV. We also got an ice cream cone at our new Braum's!  We also spoke to a very nice lady (Cheryl) at Holland Lake Campground for a camp host position. We discussed her position and told her we would make a decision by Friday and let her know.  Earlier in the week we spoke to Tony at Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks about a camp host position for Echo Lake (near Bigfork, MT)  and Lake Five (near Glacier NP). These are boat/fishing access sites and we decided to accept this position at Echo Lake. I promptly called Cheryl and let her know our decision. Also told her we would try to visit her campground and meet her in person this summer for future openings. Now that is settled - the summer will be spent at Echo Lake Fishing/Boating Access near Bigfork MT.  We are getting ourselves ready and the RV ready for a short shakedown trip with the grandkids.
OK - this is getting long - so I will stop here and do a new post on the Spring Break trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment