Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Hello Again March 6, 2018

Here  I am again, and February is over. My goal was to post twice a month on the blog while we are at home. I missed one in February. So to catch up - Feb 15th we went to OKC and got 2 new tires on the front of the pickup and got it aligned. Then we went to the Apple store at Penn Square Mall and I checked on a new battery for my iPhone 6. That is a process - they take your name and number, etc. then set up a time for Apple to call you back, which happened in the evening. Then the battery is ordered. It is March the 6th and I still have not heard when the battery will arrive and be installed. Also on this day Steve had an MRI of his head and neck. This one took a long time almost 1.5 hours because they did it with and without contrast.  We did not have to wait long for them to take him back - but the process took awhile.  Friday the 16th brought about banking and also I renewed our Escapees membership - good for another year. Neither one of us felt great- so we took it easy in the afternoon. 
Saturday the 17th of February - we got our new bed delivered! It has an adjustable base and vibration. It came with a remote! 

Sunday we watched the Olympics - we have been watching them most every night. We also drove up the interstate 10 miles to see if I could access Highway 412 for my Monday driver. The exit is available - just tricky, so I am good to go! Monday was a workday - did that.
Tuesday was cold, cloudy and starting to get icy. I attended to phone calls and scheduling eye and dermatologist appointments. We ate supper with Linda & Hazel.  Wednesday we went to Stillwater to the Dermatologist to get a "wisdom" (Age) Spot checked on my cheek, we also did Walmart, the Post Office and H & R Block  (picked up our completed return).  The US Postal Service has something called Informed Delivery - they email you what is in your PO Box - that way you know if there is something important in your mail.  It is working great! This should help us when we travel. We also had a nice lunch at Panera Bread while we were in Stillwater. 
Thursday brought cold and rainy weather - some places even had ice -so we stayed put at home. Friday was a day to pay bills and be happy - because we got our income tax return. Steve worked on his new backup camera most of Saturday and Sunday, I assisted where I could.
Monday, Feb. 26th was my last day at Integris Bass Baptist Health Center (Hospital). I have retired officially. The day went by pretty fast and I was ready to leave - but found out I needed to wait a bit - they had a great cake and retirement send off for me in our Nutrition Department.  


Retirement Cake!



The PA from OKC VA called to inform us of the results of Steve's MRI - mostly no change in his Multiple Sclerosis - except there are lesions in his neck - not sure we knew that previously. Plus he has degenerative changes there also (arthritis- I guess). They also found something on his Right thyroid that they will order an ultrasound  to see. This will probably require another trip to OKC for that test. I hope we pass all our tests so we can travel!  LOL The new Braum's opened in Perry - so we ate a hamburger there because Linda & Hazel weren't available.  On the last day of February (28th) we went to Stillwater and I purchased a new iPhone 8 and got that set up. Steve will get the iPhone 6 with a new battery, if and when that battery arrives and is installed. We also did our weekly Walmart run! No surprise there - we must be keeping them in business. I checked in with the museum  here at Perry and they don't need me to volunteer at this time. They will keep my contact information and let me know when and if they need my services. 

March is National Nutrition Month!  Go Further with Food!


Next up is March - It is already the 6th of March and I don't think we have done anything exciting! We walked a few days, did banking, watched OK State Basketball and chilled.  Sunday we cooked out hamburgers on the grill outside. Cooking them outside just always makes them taste better! I also roasted some more cauliflower in the oven and we had a nice supper. The weather was gray, but we didn't let that bother us! 
So yesterday - was the first time in a while that I have not gone to work on Monday! We did laundry and made phone calls, trying to get things set up or changed. We changed Steve's May appointments in order to head out to Montana sooner if they choose us for the volunteer position we applied for.  I called the park ranger at Flathead Lake yesterday and told her we could arrive on May 14th for the orientation, since we were able to change the VA appointments. She said she is still checking references and interviewing people. We wish this would get settled soon, because if she doesn't pick us - then we will look for another opportunity.  We ordered some different bedding for our new bed and it all arrived on Monday  - so we put on the new sheets and bedspread. I also got a foam mattress topper and after Steve tried it - he said to order one for him! Today is Tuesday and Steve  got his hair cut and we will go out to eat with the girls tonight! I will try to keep you posted about the preparations to travel.




No comments:

Post a Comment