Monday, September 3, 2018

Getting Older! August 20 through August 26, 2018

Monday we were lucky and it rained! Yea! This helped the smoke lessen and slowed the fires down.  We walked and did the chores. Then we hauled off the trash and checked Bigfork Access. We also picked up some groceries in town.  A regular day.  Deer we saw on our walks!
  Tuesday - I ordered some meds for Steve. I paid some bills, we walked and later in the evening we drove to Jewel Basin.  On our way up the Jewel Basin road a black bear crossed the road in front of us. We were glad to be in the pickup. Steve immediately asked me if we were going to walk where we were going. I said "of course, that is why I brought the bear spray." We drove on up to the trailhead and parked. I took a lot of pictures and we hiked up the trail a short ways. We didn't come early enough to go far up the trail. But we enjoyed the peacefulness of the trail. The dogs were ecstatic about this jaunt.













Wednesday - We did all the usual things and also went to Walmart in Kalispell. When I got home - I had to take a nap! Walmart is so tiring!

Thursday - Again, basically a routine day! We did go and do laundry! Then we ate at the Mexican place next door, it is a great place to eat. We also cleaned Bigfork Access.  I am pretty sure I took a nap when we got home. Naps are addicting.
Buster on Guard Duty

Sunset

Friday - the skies were clearing today - blue skies are so lovely! Another routine beautiful day at Echo Lake. In the evening, we drove around and spotted deer.

What is left of the sign!

Poopsie helping me take a nap

Rocks - Echo Lake



Saturday - Today was Pam's birthday, so I called her and visited. We also did our routine chores and activities. We also went to the post office and I got a card & present from Kristi and the kids.  we finished we drove to a place on the Swan Lake Highway and looked at an acreage for our friend Martina. It was a really nice drive and it was off the highway about 3 -4 miles. The first part of the drive was nice and the last mile or so was a little rough. It was about an acre and it had utilities.  The cost was $49,000 and it would have needed a lot of clean-up work! But we enjoyed checking it out and sending her the information.

Sunday - Today was my birthday! I turned a year older! WOW! Steve gave me a nice flower, a card and a yummy chocolate cupcake. We had lunch at Echo Lake Cafe to celebrate! The food there was good and the portions were huge!  I had calls to wish me a Happy Birthday, which I appreciated! Steve and I ate the cupcake with ice cream for our supper. Great Day!


                                                                                   It's My Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment