Sunday, June 23, 2019

June 1, 2019 Day 2 of Trip

WE got up about 8:00 and had our breakfast and got road ready. We gassed up (the pump was very slow) and it stopped at $100.00. Since it was so slow - we didn't run the credit card again - just decided to get on the road.  This guy was guarding the gas station!

Steve drove until he got tired - to about Colby, KS - then I started driving--all the way to Siebert, CO. We got more gas there and took a little break. Steve drove again and got tired again. So I drove when we had about 36 miles to go. I hadn't driven the RV sine 2017 - so I had a little learning curve and panic when the first few trucks went around me.  But, eventually I got in the groove. We stayed at Strasberg, CO KOA (East of Denver). We rested and took a short nap. About 5:30 we walked to a cafe across from the KOA and ate supper. Then we stopped by the office and got ice cream. We took the dogs on a nice walk after feeding them. We finished up the evening with a little TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment