Monday, June 17, 2019

May 16 through May 30, 2019 Preparations for trip and Memorial Day

Thursday, the 16th of May we mowed the back yard and the part of the yard north of the fenced. I caught up Quicken - and played some Spider solitaire. Then we watched TV and took a short nap. Some salesman from Dish came to the door and the dogs went nuts!  The guy wanted us to change to Dish in the house - but we said not now - we are going on vacation soon. My sister Marsha called and said Tony's brother died today - sad. Friday we got around and I went to the YMCA while Steve did his physical therapy. I also sent some flowers to Marsha and Tony.  Steve & I both worked on the computer updating the phone we use fro music. Saturday brought Rain - so we watched TV. Finally we went out to CCC Lake and walked the dogs and took some flower pictures.

Sunday was routine - with the exception of going to Walmart for supplies. Tomorrow (20th) is supposed to be a tornado outbreak day for Oklahoma - Some schools around OKC are closed. Monday we did our exercises and watched the TV storm coverage most of the afternoon. We kept checking on family & friends. It was raining hard at 5:30 - 6:00 PM.  We also stayed in the bathroom two times - because the threat of a tornado was around.  Luckily we had finished our laundry earlier this morning. Tuesday, the 21st I was reminiscing about the good old days. Dimes and quarters for phone calls, Pockets in bras, losing my new wallet with $5.00 when I was 11 years old at the Woodward Elks Rodeo (on my birthday). We watched the flood coverage in the morning, then completed some errands - bank, mail, Linda's shop. We went to supper with Linda, Hazel and Kimber - this is when some of the recollections occurred. I saw a scissortial but couldn't get a picture of it, before it flew away. It was a very windy afternoon. I also recalled the story of Glenn & Bobby Craig with the deer in the back seat of a car that they hit, then the deer came back to it's senses and tore up the inside of the car. I was also remembering where we got our clothes. We used to get a Spiegel catalog and ordered our school clothes from it. I also made a lot of my clothes in high school. I suppose we also had hand me downs. I remember we always got a new outfit and new shoes at Easter every spring.  Wow, the things you remember.
Wednesday, the 22nd we were up and getting with it!  We watched a little TV then off to the Y and PT for me and Steve. Steve finished his PT (graduated) and was awarded a T-shirt. We ordered an exercise ball for Steve. I also paid some bills and caught up Quicken.  We again had to watch the weather from 4:30 to 6:30 and took shelter in the bathroom at 5:00 for a tornado warning! Nothing developed and that was fine with us. Thursday - we worked on the music phone some more- quite a while about 4 - 5 hours. Then we did a few errands. Friday we got up and it was raining. I am so tired of rain and stormy weather. Steve & I went to the YMCA and walked. Then we were back home and took a nap. Steve got his exercise ball and checked it out. Hazel & Wayne left for Hawaii today! Saturday we cleaned out some drawers in the RV for Logan to use when he goes on the trip with us. We drove to Stillwater and purchased Memorial Day flowers. El Reno had a tornado about 10:30 PM - and I texted Kristi before it hit-she and the kids got to a safe place in their house. IT was about a mile away from them. Then I was up watching storm stuff until 1:00 AM.  On Sunday, May 26, we did routine stuff and Kristi and the kids came so we visited.
Monday the 27th was Memorial Day. We all got up and around and headed to Enid then Haskew Cemetery and Woodward Cemetery. Marsha called when we got to Haskew so I talked to her then decorated graves. Nex we went to Woodward and found Nancy's grave with no problem. We ate lunch at Lupe's for lunch- good. Drove back to Lahoma and visited with my sister Pam at her school. Then we went on home. We ordered Pizza for supper and then watched a movie. After we got up Tuesday - we picked up limbs in the front yard and mowed. Logan helped Steve with the gutters. Next we mowed the back yard. We also did laundry. Then we were in the house to cool off.
Wednesday the 20th we left for the VA about 11:00 and got there at Noon. Steve had a CT scan and we returned home. We started gathering up stuff to load in the RV. Thursday, the 30th we got up at 7:00 AM, got around and left at 8:30 to go to the VA in OKC. We finally saw Urology doctor at 11:15. Steve still has a stone - it may pass- 50% change- wouldn't be able to have surgery until July 15. Ok to wait til October for stone removal. Then we met Kristi and Logan to Lunch at Toby Keith's Bar & Grill. It was pretty good - but not cheap. Next we went to Bass Pro and got a life jacket for Logan and a shirt for Steve. Then we went home and started loading stuff in the RV.  The plan is to leave tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment