Monday, June 4, 2018

May 29 - June 4, 2018 Getting in the Groove

Tuesday-

We survived the first big Holiday week-end (Memorial Day). Tuesday was much quieter, Yea! We stayed at our site on Echo Lake all day.  We did trash clean-up and latrine duty. Steve & I walked with the dogs twice. Then our neighbor to the south came and told us a rugged story that happened on Sunday the 27th of May. Their neighbor got pinned and crushed by a skid steer (Bobcat) while he was trying to clear brush and trees on his lot. She and her son gave him CPR, her brother helped them. The sister drove to the causeway to lead them to their lot. Anyway the ambulance took the man to the hospital and his heart was beating but later they determined he was brain dead and his family decided to donate his organs. So sad to hear this news. The guy was only 55 years old. We sat under our awning a lot today and just enjoyed the lake.
 Buster - How to relax after Memorial Day

Echo Lake Cabin (I want)



Relaxing Evening at Echo Lake

-
Wednesday - 
Steve did weed eating today and we checked the parking lot and latrine. I caught up the blog and paid bills. We walked the dogs. Our supervisor (Tony) called to check on us today - and I filled him in on the week-end activities. I suggested that the sheriff drive through once in a while. So, guess what, at 6:30 PM the sheriff vehicle drove through - there was almost no one here.  I was hoping they would make a round out here about 6 or 7 PM on the week-ends, not week nights. 


Thursday -
My day started with the usual walks with the dogs. We checked our area and things seemed good. It was raining today, so not much outside work. Marsha (my sister from New Jersey) called and said she couldn't find out if Nancy was at the nursing home.  I then spent about 2 hours on the phone with the nursing home, 2 hospitals and a few threats to call the police if someone didn't tell me where she was. Finally a social worker at the nursing home gave me an address and I googled the address to find the name of the hospital and the phone number.  I finally found her.  Anyway it was all very frustrating and I hate HIPPA!

Wild Rose (I think)
Friday -
It rained again this morning. Today was June 1st, so we did the car count (just a reading on a little machine). I texted it to our supervisor. I completed our volunteer timesheets.  I ordered flowers to be delivered to Nancy. Steve and I went to Kalispell to shop for some different hiking shoes. We went to 3 different stores and he had no luck. His feet are difficult to fit. Then we dropped our volunteer timesheets off at the Fish, Wildlife & Parks office. Next we went to Walmart and got our supplies. Then we returned to the RV. We were gone about 4 hours. The dogs were so happy to see us and go walking!
Rainy/Moody Echo Lake


Saturday - 
Today we did our usual routine. We did trash pickup, latrine, and checked our Bigfork Fishing access. We also walked 1.47 miles on our morning walk. We interacted with some of the fishing and boating people today: Gave out a pamphlet, took in lost keys and returned them to an inquiring person. I also was asked a question about the limit on Crappie in Western Montana - but told them I did not know - to check with the game warden. I could  not find it in the regulations. We also took a nap!









View from the town of Bigfork, MT (Swan Mountains)


Sunday -
This was pretty much a repeat of Saturday. I talked to Nancy each day - but it is difficult. She does not have her cell phone and the phone in her room doesn't work good. So it is a process to talk to her.
Buster on Guard Duty

Monday -
Today we took a shorter walk with the dogs. Then we started the trash pickup, we did the parking lot, road and beach area. Next was the latrine.  Then we rested a bit because the slow walk of picking up trash is tiring for our backs. We had lunch in the RV and then decided to go for a ride.  On our way we also hauled off our trash to the dump site. Flathead county has several of these "container sites" where you take your trash and recyclables.  I guess they have it so bears can't get into the trash and maybe so people will not burn trash.
Steve had a bad pain in his back when we were at the trash site, but he drove to our first stop. We went to Lone Pine State Park (day use only) and checked it out. It has some beautiful views but I didn't take any pictures. I wanted to buy a State Park pass - but their visitor center was closed. We will return there and check out their hiking trails and interpretive signs. I started driving, so Steve could try to relax his back. Next we went to Lake Mary Ronan, a place that offered us a volunteer host position, but we had already accepted Echo Lake.  We jumped out and took a little walk with the doggies and checked out their boat ramp.  This is a nice state park, but it is a little remote.





Next, we drove to Big Arm State Park on Flathead Lake. This was one of the places we applied to be a volunteer host, but did not get accepted. It was nice, but the sites are small. They also have a boat ramp. I was able to buy my MT park pass for non-residents ($35.00).




Then we started back to the RV. We also stopped at West Shore State park and toured one loop of the campground - very small sites, great tent spots. They have bear boxes for your food.  It and Big Arm are both bear country.  Next we were back to the RV and relaxing. We had some supper and then went for a walk and saw 4 deer. We had also seen 2 deer this morning on our walk.  This catches me up again. I don't like writing these long posts, but it seems there is not enough to write daily and too much for one post.












No comments:

Post a Comment