Sunday, November 17, 2019

Oct 29 - November 9, 2019 Life at Home

Oct. 29 - Tuesday
Today I returned to Ponca City for my Bone Density test. This is an easy test. You lay on a table fully dressed and they scan (?) the hips and pelvic area. Sure reminded me of Bones on Star Trek. When it was over, Steve and I met Cecelia at The Perk for lunch.  Before that we checked out Brace Books. They have so many nifty things in there. Besides books, they have a wide assortment of cooking gadgets, children's toys, clothes, purses, scarves, candles and other sundry items.  The weather today was yucky and so Linda and Hazel didn't want to go out to eat. We ate at home and watched a weird movie on Amazon- The Poison Rose - I don't recommend it.

Oct 30 - Wednesday
Steve and I figured out that we had missed his sister's birthday (Oct 28) by a few days. So we picked up a gift card and mailed it to her. She lives in Arkansas, so hopefully she gets it soon.  When I was getting some cheese out of the refrigerator today, I tweaked my back - a muscle   I think. So I put the heat pad on it and took it easy. It snowed very lightly this afternoon.
Very light snow!










Oct 31 - Thursday
Happy Halloween! Today was a very mundane day for us. We did some bill paying and bookkeeping. Later we did a few errands: picked up the mail, got the oil changed on the pickup and went to the Dollar Store. I exchanged some texts with Kristi about bringing the car up Saturday so we can take care of it's oil change. We didn't have trick or treaters because for the last few years, no one showed. Here in Perry, most of the kids go around the square and then don't hit up the neighborhoods. So a few years back, we quit trying to hand out any candy and don't turn on our porch light. Poof! No trick or treaters.

November 1 -9
When we are here at home, daily posts are somewhat  boring. So I was just going to start trying to hit the highlights.
We (mainly Steve) cleaned the house a little and have checked on Kristi's car - still not ready.  The oil was changed on my car and we ate at Pizza Hut. OSU (OK State) beat TCU. We have turned our clocks back and completed the new Jack Ryan season on Prime. I love that show - it is exciting!
We watched football on Sunday, the teams we were rooting for won - Steelers and Broncos.
We did  a project: we made quilted dash mat for the RV.  Some of the materials, I had on hand, others we had to make trips to Stillwater to obtain.
Dash Mat




We watch a lot of football on weekends and sometimes Monday and Thursday night too.

For people interested in RVing, Full Time Freedom Week started during this time, so we have been watching their videos. I bought an annual pass - so we have a year to watch them.  I bought a pass last year also. Even though we have RV'd for several years - we still pick up tips and learn new things!
One of our Tuesday night suppers with Linda & Hazel we decide to go to Morrison and eat steak fingers at the cafe there. They were great!
Steve got new shoes, which is somewhat of an ordeal for him, because his feet are long and narrow. Finding a good fit is difficult.
On the nice afternoons we have been going to CCC Lake and walking, or walking in the neighborhood. On Saturday the 9th - we drove down to Lake McMurtry and explored. It costs $6 for a day pass and there are a ton of wasps at the pay station (iron ranger). It was nice to check it out, but probably won't return unless we are camping. These are pictures taken at Lake McMurtry on the West side (Perry Side).







That pretty much wraps up the highlights.
I am trying to catch up  the blog and decide whether to do it weekly or twice a month.  I'll probably just do it once or twice a month while we are at home. Then if we do something exciting, I can blog more frequently.

No comments:

Post a Comment