Friday, November 1, 2019

October 1 - 7, 2019 Getting Things Done

Oct1 - Tuesday
The first thing we did was call around to find a capacitor for the Air Conditioner. We finally located one at Ewing Motor in Stillwater. We went and got it and did a Walmart run for supplies. I got my flu shot at Walmart - What an ordeal! They were so slow!  We put in a new air filter for the air conditioner and a new bulb in the hallway. Kristi is still having car trouble. We had supper with Hazel and Linda at La Macarena. I mailed a birthday card to my sister Marsha and called Pam. The air conditioner is not working great overnight, luckily, it's not extremely hot.

Oct 2 - Wednesday
We were up at 6:30 Am and drove both vehicles to the OKC VA for Steve's eye checkup. We got there by 7:45 AM. They sent him to lab for a blood draw to check his A1C. We also checked on his travel pay - it is all good. We thought they had missed a couple of payments, but they showed us a paper that seemed as if they were paid up OK. We drove my car to Wendy's for lunch and returned to the VA to get Steve's pickup. Then we drove both vehicles to El Reno and left my car at Kristi's house. I picked up my Thirty-one order while we were there. She is going to drive my car until hers is fixed or traded. I drove us home in the pickup and when we arrive the air conditioner was not working right and it was 80 degrees in the house. So we only snacked for supper. We watched some TV and then slept in the RV so we could be cool!

Oct 3 - Thursday
It was 77 degrees inside the house  -so Steve opened lot of windows and we let in the cool outside air. I called Air Control Inc. to see if they could check out the Air Conditioner. Then I paid some bills, called the doctor's office so they could order tests I needed. Then we went to the beauty shop and while we were there, the Air Conditioner repairman called and said he was on his way. Steve returned home to wait on him. I got a perm today and when I was done called Steve to come pick me up. By about 2 or so the guy was done. We started closing windows, then Steve was cleaning the window sills and blinds (I helped). We did some errands  around town. Finally we stopped about 4:30 and rested. The rest of the evening was routine - supper, TV,  Bed.
Me with a new hairdo!

Oct 4 - Friday
This morning, Steve went to the beauty shop and got a haircut.  Steve & Linda clowned around with some Halloween Costumes while we were there! Then we completed a few errands in town. Kristi texted us about her SUV. Steve looked up how to fix it on the internet. He also unloaded his pickup. Kristi called after work and we decide to meet her at Okarche and get her vehicle and bring it here. They wanted $1,000 to $1,200 to fix the fuse box.  Steve thought that was too high and maybe he could fix it. So we went and got it. After we got home we went to Pizza Hut and had supper. Today was tiring - making that drive.

Steve with Tiger head

Linda with spider costume & Steve still in Tiger head

Steve with Puppy Dog Head


Oct 5 - Saturday
Today we celebrated our 17th anniversary. We did that by working on Krisit's car and watching OK State get beat by Texas Tech. I fixed chili for lunch and we dozed a bit. Then gave up on the game. We tried to find a fuse box online - not much luck.  We did find a place to order one. We learned a few days later - that they had no idea when it would be available because GM is on strike. What a mess.



Steve worked on trying to find the water leak on Kristi's vehicle (windshield area). I helped, but we never did find out where it could be leaking - did that about an hour. Decided to go to Braum's for a Sunday to celebrate our anniversary! The birthday card I mailed to my sister, Marsha arrived in time and she called to thank me.





Oct 6 - Sunday
Steve worked on Kristi's car and I caught up Quicken. Later we watched the Dallas Cowboys get beat by Green Bay Packers. After that I'm not really sure what else we did.

Oct 7 - Monday
After we were up and dressed, we did a load of laundry. The we got ready to go to OKC to the VA for the SCI appointment at 1:30 PM. This appointment is for Steve's Multiple Sclerosis at the Spinal Cord Injury Clinic. After seeing Kimberly - his PA, we went to Quail Springs Mall and shopped a bit. We walked around the mall, got a snack and headed home.


No comments:

Post a Comment