Sunday, November 10, 2019

October 22 - 29, 2019 Routine Days with Minimal Excitement!

Oct 22 - Tuesday
Today was my 6 month checkup with the doctor at Ponca City. Then we went to Auto Intentions Where they installed the Cargo Glide in the back of the pickup. It is really neat and it only took them about an hour. Yesterday we removed the old bed liner so the new Cargo Glide would fit in the pickup bed. I forgot to take a picture of the Cargo Glide - so will add that later.
Since we finished before noon, we had lunch at Enrique's (at the Ponca City Airport). It is one of my favorite places to eat Mexican food. Love it! Then we returned home. Supper tonight with Linda and Hazel was at The Boomerang in Perry. It's ok, but really nothing to write home about.

Old Bed Liner

Oct 23 - Wednesday
Today was a nice day and we mowed the front and back yard! Then I played some spider solitaire. In the afternoon, I looked through some old pictures while Steve power washed the fence in the back yard. Later it was supper and TV.
Old picture from 1999
This picture was taken at a surprise housewarming party when I moved into my house at Perry - a short while after Glenn died (early summer, 1999).  My family and friends surprised me. In the picture - top row:  L - R: Pam Baggett, Cecelia Scheiber, Lea Ebro, Alexandria Miller. Bottom Row L - R Me, Kellie Bryant. These were all my dietitian friends and Lea Ebro was also my professor and thesis advisor for my Master's Degree.

Oct 24 - Thursday
I worked on the blog some today. We straightened up some stuff in the RV and the house. I took some pictures   to Linda's shop that I thought she and Hazel would like to have. We also checked the mail, went to the grocery store. For lunch I made chili. It rained and was chilly- so we didn't do much outside. We watched the Vikings beat the Washington Redskins.

Oct 25 - Friday
This was a morning we both got up early because neither of us could sleep. I went back to sleep on the couch though. Steve went to O'Reilly's to look for a push button switch for the pickup topper. No luck. He ordered another switch to try from Amazon. The weather is dreary, rainy and cool - so we didn't do much.

Oct 26 - Saturday
After getting around today - we watched OU football. When it was over we headed to Enid and stopped by Pam and JC's house. There we finished watching OSU beat Iowa State! Go Pokes! We were going to go to the car races, but found out that they had been cancelled due to rain. We changed our minds and decided to go to the movies. We watched Will Smith in Gemini Man. It was good - I would recommend it. We got home about 10::00 PM - Late for us!
A squirrel eating a walnut at Pam & JC's house
Oct 27 - Sunday
After getting around it was a lazy day. We watched football. But we did take a nice walk after lunch around our neighborhood with the dogs! Later in the day -we winterized the RV.  We can easily undo that if we decide to go somewhere - This RV is easy to winterize. Braum's was our choice for supper.

Oct 28 - Monday
Today was laundry and errands. We checked on Kristi's car - no news. I ordered contacts for  6 months, got the mail and paid the insurance on our vehicles. When my medicines got ready at Walmart - we went to pick them up and get groceries. Then I fixed us pizza for supper and we watched Monday Night Football.
Some days we don't do much that is exciting. That is OK at this time.
This is a house in our neighborhood that went all out decorating for Halloween!




No comments:

Post a Comment