Friday, May 1, 2020

April 20 - 26, 2020 Planting Flowers and Grass

Monday Apr 20
I got up and around pretty good this morning. I thought I had an appointment with the eye doctor. So I went there and called. Nope, no appointment. My bad. It had been rescheduled in May. So I was wrong. Somehow I didn't get the change in any of my calendars. Since I was out and about I picked up the mail. After lunch we went to Walmart for groceries and to pick up my medications. We got home and put everything away and rested. Then we finished the day with supper and TV.

Tuesday Apr 21
Same deal, up and around. Got tuned in to the WW Zoom meeting just fine. We had our lunch and putzed with something the rest of the day. We did pick up our supper at La Macarena, since it was Tuesday.

Wednesday Apr 22
Today it rained all day and so we did bill paying and caught up Quicken. Basically didn't do much.

Thursday Apr 23
This morning I got dressed for a virtual visit with my doctor. That went fine - no problems. About all they can do is just ask questions at this point. If something is serious- you may have to have an in person visit.  He will see me in person this fall. Great with me, I really don't like going to the doctor that much anyway.

Friday Apr 24
This morning we picked up branches in the front yard. Before we could do that we had to go to Tractor Supply for some large lawn bags. Then I mowed the front yard. I made some phone calls and got the dogs an appointment at the vet. By the way, they only go once a year to the doctor and don't like those  visits much more than I do. Doctor and Vet visits are a necessary evil we put up with to try to stay out of hospitals or serious problems.

Saturday Apr 25
It was a very pretty day today. After lunch Steve and I went to Stillwater  to Lowes. We were going to look at flowers to buy and a few other things. But it was too busy. There was a huge line waiting to get inside. So we went to Atwoods and picked up some flowers to plant and some grass seed for the bare spot in the front yard. Then we made a short stop at Walmart Market for a few more food  supplies.  Steve and Logan had tilled the flower beds a while back, so all we had to do was plant the flowers and water them. We will see how they grow.

Sunday Apr 26
Another nice day! We got up a little late (makes the day seem shorter). Steve and I tilled the bare spot where the grass seed would be planted. Of course before we got finished, the pull start handle broke on the tiller. So it was back to Tractor Supply to get a replacement, plus some fertilizer for the grass seed.  We got home and finished that little job and watered the grass and flowers. Now to see if it will grow.  We can only hope that we have a green thumb!


Bare spot in front yard

No comments:

Post a Comment