Friday, May 1, 2020

April 13 - 19, 2020 Celebrating Logan's Birthday and Other Fun Stuff

I never know what to do on the blog when we are staying at home. I don't know whether to do weekly updates or just highlights of what we have actually done.

April 13, Monday
As we all know the beauty salons are closed so many of us have been left up to our own devices on keeping our hair colored or whatever else happens there. So today I dyed my hair. Steve & I did laundry. I helped Logan with his schoolwork and those are the highlights.

April 14, Tuesday
I called the VA to find out about Steve's appointment with urology on Friday. I found out they will be happy to call us and do a phone appointment. That is fine with us.  Saves us a trip and we don't get exposed to any germs lurking in the hallways! I had a WW zoom meeting. These are good and help me stay on track with weight loss (slow process). I checked in with ChampVA and I don't need to purchase Part D (drug benefit) for Medicare because my prescriptions will be covered by them. I received my Medicare card today and it goes into effect August 1, 2020. I will be officially old I guess. I also picked up a candy gift basket for Logan's birthday and supper at La Macarena.
I always look weird in pics! But I was ready for the Zoom WW meeting.












Flowers from our walk
Turkeys near golf course on our walk
Flowers from walk
Turkeys


April 15, Wednesday
Today was Logan's birthday. I baked him a giant muffin for his birthday and we gave him one of his presents. He was pretty happy. Then we putzed around. We took a bike ride before lunch and Logan gave me a push on the uphill parts. Steve worked on the RV Driver side mirror again. I napped and then put away some stuff we had delivered to the house. A compartment latch for the RV was one of the deliveries and Steve fixed that.
Logan opening his birthday present (a BB gun pistol) and some money

April 16, Thursday
After breakfast and a shower I mowed the front yard and Steve did the weed eating. Then we had to fix a piece on our white fence in the back yard. We went to the hardware store pharmacy and post office. Not too exciting.

April 17, Friday
It was cold and windy this morning. The temperature was in the 40's with a wind chill in the 30's-way too cold for April. Steve had his phone appointment with Urology - drink lots of water! Call if you need anything. That was the main discussion. He decided to go ahead and order a new (used) mirror for the RV driver side. The repair he made wasn't cutting it. About 4:30 or so Kristi and Austyn arrived. We celebrated Logan's birthday again with pizza, cake and ice cream. A great time was had by all.  We even walked after supper.

Logan with the awesome cake his mom made!

April 18, Saturday
We got up and messed around. Steve worked on an idea for putting on and removing the ShadePro screens. He is concerned that as we get older, it may be difficult for us to reach the top of the shades to put them on. Mainly everyone just hung out and took it easy. I fixed roast, carrots and potatoes for supper. Later we had a fire in the back yard. Nice!
Campfire!


April 19, Sunday
This morning we listened to music on You Tube. Later I helped Steve with his device for the shades. The afternoon was slow.  Then we went to Stillwater to pick up  food from the Texas Roadhouse. My idea was to pick up the food and go to Boomer Lake to eat. We did that. Ummm our steaks were for the most part- too rare (even for me). The rolls were fine. The sides (which they said were family size) were only one serving. The salad was great. They didn't give us any plasticware - I had brought knives - but nothing else because they said utensils included. It was an experiment and we went home and heated our stuff and ate it there. Their take-out needs work. This was also to celebrate Logan's birthday - because we always eat at Texas Roadhouse for birthdays - mostly. Oh well. Later the kids and Kristi returned home and we were left to our own devices.

No comments:

Post a Comment