Tuesday, May 26, 2020

May 4 -May 10, 2020 Making Preparations for Our Summer Trip

Mon-May 4
I was up at 7:30. We did laundry today. Steve worked in his big shed today. Later we went to the grocery store, the pharmacy in town and then back home. I paid some bills and played games on the computer. Steve researched the problem with our slide. There are these plastic wedges he is thinking of replacing. Later we watched TV and called it a day. Supper was Taco Salad and berries.

Peony in full bloom!
Tue-May 5
After getting up and around, I tuned in the WW Zoom Meeting. Later the kids arrived and we had lunch. We took the RV up to the old Walmart parking lot and checked the slide.  Today we also hauled off 2 loads of junk to the dump. We gave a ceiling fan to Linda and some 24” green T-post. She really liked those short posts. I’m sure she will use them in her garden. We had supper at La Mac and got to sit in the dining room instead of doing carry-out! Yea! I almost forgot until I looked at my pictures. Perry had a car parade through town. They came by our house and we stood outside and waved. I took a video, but I don't have enough internet to upload it.
Car parade through town

Wed-May 6
I slept poorly last night. But anyway, got up and around. Steve, Kristi and I went to Stillwater to look for a graduation present for Austyn. We want to buy her a laptop computer to use for college. We went to Staples, both Walmarts and none of them had any computers in stock that would work. We also went to Brown’s shoes to get Steve some shoes - they didn’t have them, but will order him a pair. We picked up pizza for lunch. Then I took Logan to Thorn’s so he could get a Mother’s Day present for Kristi. Back home. We also took the dogs to the vet. Both of them got their shots and a clean bill of health. Later I took a nap and the guys scraped old paint off the little shed. 
Supper was grilled chicken, salad, cauliflower and berries. 

Thu-May 7
This morning I had my appointment with the eye doctor. Then I was back home and we had lunch. Later Steve and I went ot Stillwater to AT & T to get my new iPhone. Logan stayed in the car and we were in there about 30 minutes. I would finish setting it up at home. I got the iPhone  11 - not the pro edition. This one is fancy enough for me. When we got home the internet was down -so I couldn’t finish setting up the phone. Finally it came back on and I finished setting up the phone. New phones also take some adjusting!
I took two pictures in the backyard using the night mode on my new phone.  They turned out pretty good!
Hopefully I can get some good moon shots or stars or fireworks this summer.



Fri-May 8
I was up last night until 1:30 AM with Zoey - She found a toad in the back yard and was giving it fits. I finally got her to leave it alone and come in. Then  I gave her a bath and dried her off before I could put her in bed with us. Wow! Dogs, I love them, but they can be a mess. I messed with my phone this morning and helped Logan set up my old phone for him to use. That was a little bit of a challenge, but we got it done. Steve is keeping the old phone because he just doesn’t use a phone much. We washed the bedspread and blankets. I talked to both my sisters and the guys scraped paint off the small shed again. What a process!

Sat-May 9
Steve’s shoes arrived, so we went to Stillwater and picked them up. I made a to do list by day for this coming week. We took the RV out to the Perry Lake and Steve & Logan worked on putting in one of the 8 wedges that need replaced. It took awhile. So the rest of them will be installed when we get to Montana. Later we picked up supper at Braum’s. 

Plane flying overhead - one landed on the water!

Sun-May 10
Today is Mother’s Day - so I sent texts to family and friends.Then Steve and I picked up branches in the front yard and mowed it. Steve & Logan Scraped and painted the small shed. I paid some bills and did a little bookkeeping. Today was also Tony’s (My brother-in-law) birthday - so we called and wished him a Happy Birthday! Not much else for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment