Saturday, November 20, 2021

November 1 - 14, 2021 Routines and A Few Other Items

 Monday (1) Today Steve finalized the doors of the hutch. He had to put the glass back in them. That was a little tedious. I worked on making some follow-up phone calls and assisting Steve where needed. 

Tuesday (2) Today there was more work finishing the glass in the cabinet (hutch) doors. I paid some bills. We were just trying to wrap things up with the hutch. We had supper with Linda and Hazel at la Macarena and then finished our day with TV. 

Wednesday (3) I got up late and poor Steve had been awake since 4:30 AM. I wish he could sleep. Today we did our Walmart run at Stillwater. The price of gas in Stillwater was $2.89. We got home and unloaded all our goodies and had lunch. Later I talked to Pam. Steve & I caught up on our bookkeeping and he also worked on the RV TV for awhile. After he gets frustrated, he comes inside and we relax. 

Thursday (4) We were up and around early today. Steve has his back ablation today. We got on the road as 8:15 and arrived around 9:15. He had to arrive early to get a rapid COVID test - which he passed (negative test). Then we waited a bit and they took him back to the OR about 10;15. I waited and about 11:00 AM he was finished. He said they burned one nerve to the bone (which was very painful)! He said his head came up off the table and a few cuss words. Hopefully this will help his back in the long run. The rest of his day was spent taking it easy. 

Poopsie & Buster all tucked in!

Friday (5) Today we did a few errands around town but not much else. Just routine things. I did fix Chicken Parmesan, Couscous, Salad and Berries for supper. It was yummy!

Saturday (6) I was on the computer this morning sending secure messages to Steve's VA provider. He needs new orthotics. So I requested a referral for those. There are many things to keep up with as a caregiver. We watched OSU (OK State) beat West Virginia! Yea!  Then we took a walk around the neighborhood. 

Sunday (7) After the morning routine was complete we worked in the front yard. I mowed the grass and Steve did some raking. It was looking a little shabby and neglected, so I was glad to get that done. Then it was on to football. Dallas got beat by the Broncos! Darn. 

A beautiful fall tree in our neighborhood

Buster's nose peeking out of OSU Blanket

Monday (8) This morning I was due back at Ponca City for a Follow-up lab draw. So we went there. While we were in town we went to Brace Books to look around. I didn't find anything I wanted to buy for anyone or myself. So we made another stop at Ollie's and picked up some Christmas wrapping paper, which was a pretty good buy. We had lunch back at home and Steve worked out in the RV again. 

Tuesday (9) I spent most of the morning in the RV on standby while Steve worked on the TV connections. I also worked on some laundry. I was smart enough to take my kindle to the RV and I read while Steve worked. Sometimes he doesn't really need help, but maybe just hand him a tool or something. I can do that.

Wednesday (10) I was up a little earlier today so we arrived at Walmart at 8:45. The pharmacy wasn't open yet, so we had to shop awhile before I could pick up my medications. We gathered up the rest of the items on our list and headed home. We were home by 10:15 AM. We did some work around the house and then relaxed. I made it a point to cancel the Dish satellite payment til we hit the road again. Since Steve is having so much trouble with the RV TV setup, who knows if we will even have TV when we go.  

A tangled web is woven!



Thursday (11) 

Happy Veteran's Day! We thank all the Veterans. All Gave Some, Some Gave All!

Steve - husband

JC - Brother-in-Law

My Dad (Hugh)

I found out the other day that a dear co-worker had died. Her name was Jody McGlaslin and I worked with her at the Otoe Tribe. She was a very fun lady to work with. I will miss her. Today was a visitation for her at Pawnee. So Steve & I went and stayed about 30 minutes. Then we drove on over to Dewey, OK and visited my sister, Pam & her husband, JC. We had lunch at a Mexican food place in Bartlesville then it was back to their place to visit. I took a selfie of us, but it didn't turn out great. We left about 3:45 and got home about 5:45. We were pooped, so we hit the relaxation chairs!

Another Beautiful Fall Leaf

JC, Pam, Me, Steve



Friday (12) Today Steve installed the curtains we ordered online from JC Penney's. We don't like them because they are too yellow/gold. The color didn't match what we saw online. Oh well. We will keep them for now, but will also keep looking for different ones. We bought a new small desk for the computer room and we put it together today. I had a four foot long narrow table in there, but it made it hard to get to the filing cabinet. So we traded that out for this smaller desk. After lunch we went to the event center here in town and got our COVID Booster shots. 

Saturday (13) We are carrying on with our routine chores and watching football! I did work on the blog and am now near to getting caught up. OSU won their game but OU got beat by Baylor.

Sunday (14) Today was pretty much the same as yesterday. Dallas beat Atlanta!

Between Ponca City and Bartlesville (near Pawhuska) Are these really nice signs about Osage County. I had Steve stop to take pictures so I could read them later. The Osage Tribe has a designated Osage Trail and there are a few more signs on Highway 60. I am glad we stopped to check them out. 







No comments:

Post a Comment