Monday, February 27, 2023

January 1 - 15 2023 The New Year Begins!

 Sunday -1st Well I slept poorly after ringing in the New Year. I finally went to sleep about 4 AM. So I slept until 9:30. Then it was an easy day for us. We watched football and putzed around. We ate our black-eyed peas for good luck in the new year! Monday brought the Rose Parade which we watched and enjoyed. I had Physical Therapy and when  I don't go to Northern Oklahoma Therapy, I do my exercises at home. We also took down our Christmas tree and put it away. In between activities we also watched Football. We did two loads of laundry. Supper was Roast Beef, Potatoes and Carrots. Yum. Tuesday was pretty routine. We did computer stuff in the morning and then I went to PT in the afternoon. We had supper at La Macarena. Wednesday - 4th -We were up and around pretty good this morning. Steve had to go to Stillwater to get lab work done. After that was complete we went to Walmart and then home. Thursday 5th - We returned to Stillwater to get tires on my car. We left the car with Discount Tires and took the pickup through the car wash and then went to Panera Bread to hand out til it was time to pick up the car. They were supposed to do an alignment on it also - but the guy who does that was not there. So we had to re-schedule. Friday - A pretty routine day. Saturday - After breakfast we watched recorded shows of My Lottery Dream Home. Also today we listened to a zoom meeting on organizing photos. Then we watched several football games. Sunday was pretty much a repeat of yesterday. Buffalo Bills won, Dallas Cowboys lost and I don't remember what happened with Green Bay.

Jan 3 - Full Moon taken from parking lot of La Macarena

Jan 9-A utility company was here stabilizing this pole, I think.

Monday - 9th - Today is laundry day, so we got that done. I did home PT twice. I have been working on my blog to try to catch up. That is hard because I guess I am not as interested in it as I used to be. We watched Georgia beat TCU in football. Tuesday - I  did my home PT in the morning and then we were on the road to Ponca City. I had an appointment with Dr. Gilbert to discuss getting a colonoscopy. When we got back home we stopped at Linda's and talked to Hazel also. They can't go out to eat tonight - due to other commitments. And I did something fun  tonight: I attended the initial meeting of the book club forming here in Perry. The name of the Club is Perry Page Turners. We will meet monthly at the library and the first book we are reading is: The Rosie Project. I enjoyed it. We will discuss it at the next meeting.  Steve and I went to supper at La Macarena. Wednesday - Another routine day. We did take a small walk after PT. Thursday - I was up a 7:30 today. After having breakfast and getting around we headed to Mc Bride for my 6 week follow-up on my shoulder. The first order of business was an Xray and then a check with the doctor. He seemed pleased with my progress as I was. I don't have to wear my sling anymore unless I feel the need. I was also able to do more toward fixing my hair. I am getting better every day. When we got back to Perry we ate at a restaurant called Charlie B's. We both had a hamburger and they were good. Friday-13th Well if anyone is suspicious, today is Friday the 13th! It was a routine day.  Saturday - A routine day with TV watching and a few other chores. I made meatloaf, cheesy potatoes and green beans for supper. Sunday - The big adventure today was shopping at Walmart. We were home by 12:15. So then it was football. Supper was leftovers from yesterday. 


Christmas Present put in their proper place.

Funny sign about Boomers I saw on Facebook

My sister stays at Pawleys Island in the Winter. These hammocks are made there. They had one for a prize on The Price is Right. The cost for this one is $1305!



Our Zoey looking sweet!


No comments:

Post a Comment