Thursday, March 2, 2023

Jan 16 - 31, 2023 Boy Are We Getting Healthy?

 Monday - 16th We were up at 7:30 this morning. After our routine morning chores we headed to Stillwater . My car is getting an alignment today . Of course they found something else that was needed and the parts and labor ended up cost about $400 bucks! It also took them about 2 - 3 hours, so we were gone about 4 hours. We didn't drive the pickup today - just the car - so we sat in their waiting room all that time playing on our iPads. So glad we have something to play with. We took a little walk today. Then caught up on our TV shows. Dallas beat Tampa Bay on Monday night football! Yea! Tuesday - We did all the routine stuff this morning. Then we had lunch and I went to PT about 1:15. Later we took a walk and Steve cleaned off the bugs off the RV. We went to La Macarena for supper. Wednesday - We were up a little earlier today about 7 AM. so after breakfast we watched a little TV and made our bed. Later we got dressed and  went to the YMCA for a walk. Steve had an appointment with his primary care provider at Stillwater at 2:00. When that was done, we came home and relaxed. We had breakfast for supper tonight. Thursday-Our main task today was to get new tags for the RV and pickup. Then we went to the YMCA for walking. I walk on the treadmill and Steve rides a bike. We also completed our laundry today. Supper was Stew! Friday - I got up and around today.  and we were off the the YMCA for some exercise. We also did some errands around town (mail, bank, grocery store). After lunch I went to PT. The rest of the day was easy does it.  Saturday - We did all the routine things and hung around inside. I did my PT at home We  took a walk outside but it was COLD!. We watched more football today and Kansas City won and the eagles won.  Sunday - Again we went to the YMCA to walk. Then we watched football. Dallas lost. I did my PT at home. Supper was pizza at home. I buy the crust (Boboli Thin) and then add my toppings. 


Lake Pend OReille (From 2015 at Farragut State Park)


Monday 22nd - Today I was up about 8 ish. We did our usual things and also went to the YMCA where I walked and Steve biked. When I arrived home, I did my PT for the shoulder. After lunch we drove to Ponca City. The doctor I have had for about 20 years or so is retiring. I congratulated him and we talked about where he was going and RV's. He might get a used fifth wheel. His first trip is going to be Big Bend in Texas - Good  choice I told him. We also made a stop at Walmart for some groceries. Tuesday 24th -We left the house at 8 AM. We were off to Oklahoma City for Steve to get ablation on his back at the VA. It was raining when we arrived about 9 ish. We went up to the 7th floor for the ablation. After that was done we went down to the 2nd floor to get a hip Xray  for Steve. Then we were on our way home and arrived by 12:30.  After lunch Steve's primary care provider called and said his R hip is OK and had no change since 2018. She said he had a bone spur. She offered acupuncture, PT, or chiropractor. He has tried all those except acupuncture - so he isn't interested. We need a solution for his hip. When we walk - it hurts him every step. We ate supper with Hazel at La Macarena. Wednesday - Today was pretty routine. I went to PT and had Steve take it easy so as not to mess up his back. Thursday - We returned to the YMCA today and I did PT at home. We were on the computer to make a VA travel claim. They have changed the process and it seems more difficult to us. I am hoping it gets easier. Friday - Today after completing our routine things we went to the YMCA. I had PT at 1:000 PM. later I worked on the blog and we ate leftover chicken enchiladas for supper. Saturday - We putzed around and I did home PT plus we took a walk. I worked on my blog - which is still behind! Later I made chicken and vegetable soup. Sunday 29th - Today was my prep day for a colonoscopy.  We also made a run to Walmart Market for groceries. I did home PT today. Then I had clear liquids all day -and I didn't drink much of those either. The prep for the colonoscopy was so gross that I almost threw up! And I was up basically all night because you take another dose about 2 AM. What fun! 

Old Photos of Echo Lake (for your viewing pleasure)


Monday 30th - I only slept about 1 hour last night. We left the house at 4:30 AM. I checked in at the hopital at 6:15. The weather was supposed to be a little dicey so we left extra early. We were in outpatient surgery until 7:30 or so, then they wheeled me down to the recovery room to wait. I waited a long time, about an hour. Finally I had my procedure and we were done by 9:30 AM and home by 10:30. So then i ate a slept after that. My colonoscopy was uneventful. I have no problems, WooHoo! I hope to never do that again. Tuesday 31st - I was awakened by a call from the Ponca CIty Hospital at 7:30 AM. They wanted to check on me and see if I was ok. That was nice, but I wished they would have called later. I feel like I have a cold today. We worked on a project to try to transfer our music to a newer phone. Steve's iPhone 4 music phone is done! Of course it didn't go that great. After I showered and had lunch I went to PT. We worked more on the music transfer. Not much luck. Steve and I had supper at La Macarena. 

I threw in some old pictures for interest, because I haven[t taken may this winter. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment