Sunday, January 14, 2024

December 16 - 31, 2023 Celebrating Christmas and Steve's Birthday!

Dec 16-Sat-After doing the routine things around the house it was off to town. I picked up the mail and went to he Dollar store, Homeland and Ace Hardware. I made Beef stew in the crockpot for supper. 

Dec 17-Sun-Today’s big adventure was a trip to Walmart for the remainder of our Christmas groceries. Then it was football all afternoon. My brother-in-law (Tony) in S. Carolina had an echocardiogram today. They have found out he has 3-4 blocked arteries and the transferred him to Charleston for open heart surgery. I am worried about him and my sister. We will know more after the week-end. 

Dec 18-Mon-After our morning routine we started working on laundry. We wrapped a couple of presents also. Then Austyn and Logan arrived and we went with   Logan to check out an older SUV (Tahoe) that is for sale. He and Steve drove it to  see if it is something he wants to buy. We took them to La Macarena for lunch and visited at home a bit. He decided that it is a vehicle he wants to buy. It belonged to our insurance agent- so we think it has been well taken care of. 

Dec 19-Tue-We were up and around pretty good this morning. The guy arrived about 9:15 to install our new garage door. We have been waiting quite a while for that. Steve worked in the RV making a liner for the floor of the sink area. I monitored the situation. 


Dec 20-Wed-Steve was a tired and had a slightly sore throat this morning. So we putzed around. Later we took a walk. John, Kristi and Logan got here about 4:00 and we went  with them while they purchased the Tahoe for Logan. Next it was off to the tag office to get a license plate. After we got the license plate we ate supper at La Macarena. They made it home safe. 

Steve checking out the Tahoe. It's 2001 an oldie but a goodie. 

Dec 21-Thu-Steve still felt a little funky today. We left at 9:15 to head to Bartlesville. We are celebrating Christmas early with my sister, her husband’s and niece and family. We arrived at 11:30. Paige made a nice lunch for us and we ate up. Later we visited and exchanged Christmas gifts. Today was Tony’s open heart surgery. It went well and he will be in ICU for a few days. Then on to the regular floor for awhile. We talked to them and wished them Merry Christmas. I drove us home and was arrived about 4:30 PM. 

Me and my sister Pam

Dec 22-Fri-I went shopping in town again. I went to Stillwater Mill, Thorn’s and picked up the mail. I wrapped a few more presents. Steve is still not feeling great. I think  I am finally done shopping for Christmas. Yeah!

Dec 23-Sat-Today we baked chocolate chip cookies, and sugar cookies. I made Pink Party salad and Pistachio salad. We fixed the table and did some straightening up around the house. 




Dec 24-Sun-Well today we are celebrating Christmas with Kristi, John, Austyn, Sky, Logan, Cielo, and Marianna! The whole crew. I put on two turkey breasts about 8:00 and put out snacks. Everybody started arriving. Logan and Cielo and the baby were last to arrive. We had turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, green bean casserole, crescent rolls and all the snacks. We also had pies for dessert. Then we opened all the presents. We all had a great time. Then we watched football. My brother in law had his pacemaker taken out. So a little progress on his way to recovery. 

Sky & Austyn

Logan, Mariana, Cielo


John

Sky & Austyn again


Logan & Baby in Bell Bottoms!


Four Generations: Steve, Kristi, Logan, Mariana

Steve


Dec 25-Mon-Merry Christmas! Well today we were slugs! We did very little. We ate leftover soup for lunch  . Then we watched football and took it easy. I talked to my sister, Marsha - Tony had A-fib, but they straightened it out with meds. He also got to move out of ICU today. That is good news. 

Dec 26-Tue-Just another regular day. We caught up on our bills and bookkeeping.. I picked up the mail and we also sent two get well cards to Marsha and Tony. 

Dec 27-Wed-Well today we took our dogs for a ride. We also checked our mail. Today my team, OK State plays in a bowl game and they won 31-23! Yea! Marsha and Tony got back to Pawley’s Island and out of the hospital. I know they are tired, but so glad to be “home.” We had chili for supper tonight.

Me, Go Pokes!

Dec 28-Thu-After our morning routine we had leftover chili for lunch. We also did some laundry. I talked to Marsha and they are doing ok. I went shopping again here in Perry to get Steve’s birthday presents. I ordered something on Amazon, but it won’t be here on time. So I got him some more gloves and a box cutter. This man doesn’t need much. I also bought an ice cream pie and a cake for the celebration. While I was at Thorn’s I ordered some flowers to be sent to Tony & Marsha to cheer them up. 

Dec 29-Fri- Today is Steve’s birthday! We took it easy this morning and then we got around and left about 3 PM. We drove to Kristi’s and hung out , then us and the whole gang went to Hideaway Pizza in Yukon, OK. We had a nice celebration! We returned to Krisit’s for cake and ice cream pie. Steve opened his presents and we had a great time. Soon after it was back home for us.


Top: Cielo & Mariana, Me, Steve, John, Kristi
Bottom: Logan, Sky, Austyn

Full Moon


Dec 30-Sat. We took a nice walk after lunch and then we decided to take down our outside Christmas lights. That was a good plan because the weather is getting colder. For supper tonight we went to the Boomerang and had Pancakes and sausage. it was good and I didn’t not have to cook.

Dec 31-Sun-We got up and around pretty good today. We left early to go to Walmart for groceries. This was a good plan as we got back home by 11:30. We put our stuff away and had lunch. Then it was a football kind of afternoon. I also made the Weight Watcher Key Lime Pie. We stayed up til Midnight to Ring in the New Year at Home!



1 comment:

  1. Bell bottoms .... how cute is that!! Happy late birthday Steve!!

    ReplyDelete