Tuesday, January 2, 2024

October 1 - 15, 2023 Arriving Home and Catching Up

 Oct 1 -  Sunday-Well we arrived home  yesterday and today we are relaxing somewhat. We also are doing laundry, watching football and sorting mail. 

Oct 2 - Monday- Today we are unloading stuff from the RV and working on catching up Quicken. My friend Dottie was supposed to come over but she cancelled. Steve and I had lunch at La Macarena. We also unloaded the back of the pickup. 

Oct 3-Tuesday - After getting dressed and getting around we drove to OKC for Steve's VA appointment. He has to have papers filled out by the PA every few years saying he can still drive  (because he has MS). He has been very stable with his MS, thank god. We were  back home in time for lunch. Steve also got his flu shot while we were there. Supper tonight was at La Macarena (fajitas) with Linda and Hazel. 



Oct 4-Wednesday-So today we were off to Walmart for groceries. Then it was back home to put away the groceries. Then we relaxed. Dottie wanted to meet in Ponca CIty  - so we drove there and went out to eat at Enrique's. It's a great Mexican restaurant that I have been going to over many years. When I used to work at Ponca City - we would break away from work once in a while and eat lunch there. They have the best soup! And darn it, they don't have the soup available at night. Enrique's is at the airport. They have added this cute fox since I was here the last time. 


Me & Dottie standing by the fox.

Oct 5-Thursday- It's our 21st anniversary! I got these beautiful flowers from my husband. did our routine things this morning. I did bill paying. Later I went to Thorn's and bought some beautiful mums to put outside. Next on the agenda was getting a perm at Linda's. 


21st Anniversary Flowers

Me after the perm (I still need color!)

Mums in front of the house.

Oct 6-Friday- I didn't record anything - so mainly we must have just completed our routines and putzed around! Buster (one of our dogs) kind of got skunked last night. We did go to Stillwater Mill and get a product to bathe with that helped decrease the skunk odor. We also got mothballs and ammonia to put under the shed where we think the skunk is residing. Hope it helps!

Oct 7-Saturday-Another routine day. We looked at the weeds behind the fence, a mess and we are not quite ready to tackle that yet. 

Oct 8 -Sunday-On weekends we spend a lot of time watching football, depending on which teams are playing. For supper tonight, we picked up pizza. Great decision. I didn't have to cook! We have been trying to walk in our neighborhood most days. I took a picture of this crack on the back patio. We don't remember it being this big before we left for Montana last spring. I guess the drought and heat made it worse. Who knows?



Oct 9 - Monday-Today we worked outside getting rid of weeds on the north side of the house, backyard and some in front. We watered the front yard. Steve cleaned out my car and vacuumed it. In addition we did our laundry. 


The ditch behind our house that was clean before we left.


Oct 10-Tuesday-On the agenda for today, we did bookkeeping and bill paying. After lunch we went to the beauty shop and I got my hair colored and Steve got a hair cut. We stopped by the City of Perry Office to complain about the ditch behind our house and all the branches that were blocking the drainage. I wanted to attend Book Club but I was too late. We went out to supper with Linda and Hazel at La Macarena. 

Oct 11-Wednesday-.Today our main business was to go to Walmart We did that and got home by 12:15 and had lunch after we put our groceries put away. We did some more bookkeeping and I also did some work on my blog. 

Oct 12-Thursday-After doing the  routine things and walking, we relaxed a bit. Then we sprayed some weeds in the front of the house. Steve worked on the weed eater and did some work behind the fence. 

Oct 13-Friday-We were up early today, We got ready and left for OKC about 8:00 AM. We arrived about 9:00 AM for Steve's eye appointment. They must have been very behind today because we did not get out of the appointment until 12:45 PM. We went to a fabric place and bought some material to upholster our dining room chairs. Then we went to Cheevers for lunch. It is a little bit fancy place in Uptown OKC. After that we made a stop at Walmart in Edmond and then went home. I got my flu and  RSV shots today. 

Oct 14-Saturday-We worked in the computer room today. We got rid of trash and other stuff. We enjoyed a nice lunch and a walk. My team, Oklahoma State won  their football game! Yea!  

Oct 15-Sunday-Pretty much routine day for us. we watched football and took it easy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment