Monday, January 22, 2024

Jan 1 - 15, 2024 Baby It's Cold Outside!

Jan 1-Mon-Well today we start a new year (2024), Woo Hoo! I got up at 9:00. We didn’t sleep that well last night. We enjoyed watching the  Rose Parade. Then we did some routine things like making the bed etc. We put away all the inside Christmas decorations and took down the tree. We did this while also taking a few breaks. Supper was ham, cheesy potatoes  and black-eyed peas - for a prosperous new year!

Jan 2-Tue-I spent a lot of time this morning getting our shred boxes emptied. Steve vacuumed. We also picked up our mail and went to the bank drive-through. I had to make another stop at the Dollar Store and then we went back home. 

Jan 3-Wed-Today’s highlight: Steve polished furniture and I worked on the blog. Later we put the regular knick knacks back out. We have also been trying to walk on days when the weather lets us. We ate supper at Braums. The two of us were tired of ham and other leftovers!

Jan 4-Thu-We were up and around in good time this morning. We left for Stillwater to pick up orthotics for Steve. We did some other shopping, Ulta and Lowes. Then it was back home for awhile. We had all decided to eat supper at Texas Roadhouse tonight. So it was back to Stillwater for that. Linda and Hazel joined us. Good times. 

Jan 5-Fri-I didn’t jot much down today. We paid some bills and did some book keeping. Then it was just a regular routine day. Kristi wanted to know if I still had my Beanie Babies (remember them?). Of course I do! This is a small curio cabinet with some. I have another with three times that many in the other bedroom!



Jan 6-Sat-Another routine day with a lot of football watching. We did walk between games.

Jan 7-Sun-Same routine, different day. Today Tampa Bay Won, Dallas won and the Buffalo Bills won.  I like all these teams. I helped Steve put up our new mailbox. Next we will paint the wheels that it is mounted on. But the weather has to cooperate. We picked up pizza for supper!



Jan 8-Mon-This was a laundry day. In addition we went to the post office, bank and Homeland. Then I worked on the blog and deleted old emails. Steve’s MS provider called us to discuss a change in meds that will let him change form shots to oral meds. Nice! I made Chili for supper. 

Jan 9-Tue-Another day of miserable cold! We stayed inside. It’s much too cold for fun.

Jan 10-Wed-We had a big adventure today. We went to Stillwater to Walmart and bought groceries. Later we watched the movie, Stillwater. It had Matt Damon in it. 

Jan 11-Thu-We were up late. After taking care of things around the house we went to the tag office to get the Pickup and RV tags. We are now able to renew them for 2 years. So that is nice. We also listened to a VA community Call. It explained some of the newer programs to help Vets and what the plans are for changes at OKC VA facility. Later we headed to O’Reilly’s to get an antifreeze tester. We checked the RV, Pickup and Car to make sure we are ready for the Arctic Blast that is coming our way. We were able to walk today. I made meatloaf, baked potatoes and mixed vegetables for supper. 

Jan 12-Fri-Today we went to the post office and homeland after our morning routine. Tonight’s entertainment was Far Haven (movie). I thought it was free on Amazon prime - but it wasn’t, still only 4.99, so not bad. The movie was OK, but not great. The main character was played by the guy who played Branch in the Longmire series (which we loved watching). Anyway, some people really liked it. I thought it was either poorly directed or low budget or something. We are also watching Reacher (series) which I really like! 

Jan 13-Sat-Today I worked on my blog. In addition I made chicken vegetable soup. We watched football. The Texans beat the Browns. It was 10° at 6:00 PM. Brrrrr. Too cold!

Jan 14-Sun-Same routine, different day. Dallas got beat by Green Bay. Basically we are staying inside! The high today was 2 °! I can’t stand this cold weather. I know we watched more football, but I don’t remember who else won or lost! Our boss from Montana (Tony P) texted us today, he said it was -31° there yesterday and -10° today. He wanted to know if we wished we were there to enjoy that! I said no, we are at a balmy 2° here - so we will just live with that. 


Snow to go with our cold weather! Yuck!



Jan 15-Mon-It was 0° at 7:00 AM! We are staying inside to keep warm! We did laundry. Next on the agenda was football: The Bills beat the Steelers and Tampa Bay beat the Eagles! That is about all we are doing. Just staying inside and keeping the TV going!

1 comment: