Thursday, April 16, 2020

March 30 - April 5, 2020 Behind the Mask!

Monday Mar 30
We were up early and got around. We went to Homeland for supples. I updated our medication lists on the computer and printed them to put in the RV and billfolds. I also paid some bills. Not much else.

Tuesday Mar 31
After we got up and around we took the RV to OKC. I drove the pickup and Steve drove the RV. We took it to Kjelshus RV to check out the jacks and the slide. There wasn't much traffic.  I zoomed into a WW meeting on the way home while Steve drove. I did some catchup on the blog and Steve swept out the garage. Later we picked up supper from La Macarena and returned home to eat it. The fajitas were wonderful. It is always nice to eat someone else's cooking.

Wednesday April 1
April Fool's Day! We were up and around about 8:00. Steve went on a cleaning spree - he did the bathroom and then vacuumed. I ran the carpet shampooer. He also mopped the kitchen floor. So that is spring cleaning. After lunch we relaxed and I made some phone calls.

Thursday April 2
Today would have been my Dad's 97th birthday if he were still alive. He died at 64 of an Abdominal Aortic Aneurism (burst). He was in surgery by 8:00 AM and came out of surgery but died later in the afternoon about 4:30 PM. His kidneys would not function properly. I will never forget that day in 1988, I was 32. So he has been gone half my life. I still miss my parents. My Mom died in 2002.
We talked to Tony Powell today about the summer volunteer job. He is thinking they will be operating normally this summer, so we can go to Echo Lake. So far they have not closed the fishing access sites. We are keeping our fingers crossed, that this Corona virus settles down and we can travel.
Mary with Mask



Steve with Mask
Flowers on our walk (Phlox)

Flowers on our walk (Variegated Vinca)
I found out the names of these flowers because I asked on Facebook. The names were not something I knew.


Friday April 3
I worked on face masks for us to wear. It went better than the last time I tried. In fact I finished two and Steve and I wore them to Homeland to buy groceries. I fixed us eggs, and turkey bacon along with some yogurt and bagel thins. Later I completed 2 more masks and mailed them to my sister in South Carolina. Then we watched TV for a while.

Saturday April 4
It was gray and chilly today, so I worked on masks again. We had lunch and then a short grocery run. Later we met Pam & JC in the parking lot at Braum's and gave them the masks I made.  I fixed chili for supper and it  hit the spot.


Pam & JC with the masks I made them
Sunday April 5
Today the weather was much nicer. I worked on masks today and completed 5 of them. We sat outside and soaked up the sun for awhile. Later we took the dogs on a nice walk around the neighborhood. Supper was chicken enchiladas and then we watched a couple of movies on Amazon Prime that weren't too good.
That about wraps up this week.


No comments:

Post a Comment