Tuesday, April 21, 2020

April 6, -12, 2020 More Staying at Home (mostly)

Mon April 6
After breakfast, I worked on sewing 5 masks and we did 2 loads of laundry. I called about several of our medical appointments. Some are cancelled and some are still going to happen. We will see, some a few weeks away. I mailed Kristi and the kids 3 masks to wear. We also mailed off our RV insurance off. Glad that is done. We had a little walk today and a nap. I checked our temperatures and we are below normal!
Flowering Bushes we saw on our walk.



Tue April 7
I was up and got around about 8:00. I showered and fixed my hair. Then  I attended a WW virtual meeting on Zoom. The two trees in our front yard are Sycamores, When I looked at this house back in 1999, the trees and the 6 foot chain link fence were some of the major features I liked. But now I have gotten a little tired of the Sycamore trees because they shed branches and also they make Steve have an allergy attack during certain times of the year.  So anyway, this morning we picked up branches in the front yard. Later we went to Homeland for some groceries. After lunch we took the dogs to CCC Lake for a nice walk.




Wed April 8
I was up about 8:00 again. After taking it easy for awhile I went out and trimmed my Rose of Sharon bush while Steve worked on replacing his ramp into the shed. He also helped me finish trimming the bush. It had just gotten too big. The guy from OKC at Kjelshus RV Repair called us and said we could pick up the RV. We decided to do that tomorrow. So we watched a movie and had supper and more TV.

Thur April 9
Price of gas in El Reno 4-9-20
We were up and around at 8:00. We left about 9:00 AM to get the RV. We talked to Kristi on our way and found out Logan might want to come to our house. So we went to El Reno and visited with Austyn & Kristi and picked up Logan. Next we picked up the RV and went home. Gary Kjelshus did a little something to the jacks and said they were holding. He also explained he didn't have the equipment to fix the slide. We got back home a little after 1:00 PM and had lunch. After a little putzing around, I helped Logan with Oklahoma History for an hour and a half. We had to pick up more groceries from the store and then I fixed supper for us.

Fri April 10
We got up and around. Sometimes we take it easy for a bit in the morning before we get into any mischief. I mowed the front yard. Steve was working on the small tiller we have. When he got it running he and Logan tilled the two flower beds in the front. We made a trip to Tractor Supply for some things to tune up the tiller. We had a little fun shopping, it beats staying home. We were good and wore our masks. Another thing we did was check the mail. That is one of the highlights of our days every now and then. We took a walk (the dogs love this!) and had supper.

Sat Apr 11
After everyone was up and around we went outside. The project today was installing the Shade Pro covers on the front and side windows of the RV. These are to help keep the temperature down in the front of the RV. The fit on the outside of the window and block some sun, but you can see out of them from inside.  Neat! This took most of our work day. Our work day usually starts about 10:00 AM with a break for lunch, then back to work about 1:00 or 1:15 until 2:30 or 3:00. Retirement schedule is pretty nice! Steve & Logan rode our 3-wheel bikes around the neighborhood and  I didn't. We did take a walk later also.
Shade Pro Driver Side Window
Logan & Steve with their tools


Logan on the Ladder

Logan & Steve

Passenger side window
Front Window
Sun April 12 (Easter Sunday)
We watched TV awhile after breakfast. Then we got dressed and went to Homeland. Boy am I tired of buying groceries, but it is a constant chore, since you can't find what you need in one trip. After lunch we played Life and Uno with Logan. We didn't do much else today!

No comments:

Post a Comment