Monday, March 6, 2023

February 1 - 14, 2023 Making Our Way Through Winter

 Wednesday 1st - I felt crummy when I woke up. A head cold has hit me. My first line of defense was resting under the electric blanket! Later I got dressed and helped Steve made the bed. After lunch I had PT.  Then I just rested most of the day. Oklahoma State beat OU  (our arch rival) in men's basketball. Yea! For supper we had steak and a baked potato. Thursday - This morning I had a sore throat when I woke up. So I took a Covid test and it was negative. After doing the regular chores we tried to figure out how to put iTunes on Steves phone. It was also time to pay some bills. After lunch we ran some errands around town, grocery store and drug store for cold supplies. Then it was back home doing more computer stuff. Tonight our  supper was chili! Friday - We were up at 8 AM and had breakfast. We left for the OKC VA by 9 AM. Steve had an appointment at 10:30. We completed that and got back home by 12:30. So the afternoon was spent relaxing and Steve worked on the computer more. Saturday - Today we did more computer work after breakfast. Also, the US Government shot down a Chinese Spy Balloon over the coast of S. Carolina. My sister saw some of the commotion because she and her husband were headed to Myrtle Beach for golf shoes. They spend winters at Pawleys Island and have for the last several years. Later Steve and I decided to go to Stillwater and buy a new computer. We think ours is just too out of date to get along with his phone. Sunday - It was a pretty routine day for us. We did pick up some groceries at Homeland and did a few other routine chores. I even took a short nap. Supper was Roast Beef, potatoes and carrots! Yum!

If you want to go to Glacier NP this summer - make sure to reserve your vehicle permit. 

Me lifting my weight for shoulder PT. My Grandson sent me a video of him lifting a huge barbell - so I returned the favor and sent him this! LOL

Monday 6th - After we got around  I called ATT and requested a new modem. Ours does not seem to be sending wifi to the living room. We did laundry today and home PT. Tuesday - Today we just did pretty routine things including working on the computer. We talked to Tony Powell and told him it will be June 1 or 2 before we can arrive at Echo Lake for our summer volunteer job. We can not leave until after Logan's Graduation (20th May) and Kristi and John's Wedding (26th May). I had Physical Therapy after lunch. Then I renewed our roadside assistance and Good Sam. We had supper at La Macarena with Linda, Hazel, and Stetson. The gang was all there. Wednesday - Today I worked on the blog some. It seems easy to put off when we aren't doing anything very exciting. It was rainy today. I went to Physical Therapy and they are having me do more exercises. I am really happy I got a new shoulder. We also made the trip to Stillwater Walmart Market for groceries. Thursday - Today the girl from the Best Buy Geek Squad came to the house and brought our computer and installed it. We got a Dell All in One. That took up most of the morning. After lunch we chilled for awhile. We were able to access email on the new computer. Friday - Steve worked on iTunes and now can't find the music on the new computer. We still have the music on a thumb drive and the old computer. I went to PT. Then I went shopping for a birthday present for Linda. I picked up Steve and we took Linda her birthday present. We tried to get the old printer to work with the new computer and that didn't work. Even after we downloaded drivers, etc! This new computer is beginning to be a pain! Steve and I went to La Macarena for supper to drown our sorrows. LOL SaturdayI was able to finish a blog post today. We also did some errands. Oklahoma State won their men's basketball game! Woo Hoo! We took our dogs on a short walk and then watched a movie. Sunday - We did routine morning things and home PT. Soon it was time to watch the Super Bowl. It was a great game and Kansas City won. We ate pizza fixed at home for supper!

Monday 11th - Mornings continue to be routine. We did laundry today and worked on the computer. We picked up the mail and went  to the bank and Foster (drug store) and Homeland. So we made several stops around town today. We also did our bank reconciliations today. Tonight I attended book club again. We discussed our book and decided on the next book to read. I enjoy book club! Tuesday 14th - Happy Valentine's Day! I got up and Steve had flowers and a home made card for me. I only had a card for him. But we agreed that we will continue to be each other's valentines! As we were sitting around we got a phone call from Kristi. She said Logan's Explorer wont start. He was able to get from the gym to school by catching a ride. So we loaded some tools and drove to El Reno so Steve could try to get his vehicle running. We were able to pick up the keys from him at school, then we went to the football field parking lot where it was parked. Steve started testing the starter. It would not start consistently. Then he took the starter off and had it tested at Auto Zone. They said it was OK. So back to the vehicle to put it on. More testing - still not starting consistently. Back to Auto Zone to get a new starter. Steve worked his tail off trying to install it - no luck. We went all around town trying to find some different bolts. We finally found some and back to the vehicle to try to install the starter. It was getting close to dark and Steve said, "Let's go back to Auto Zone and compare this new starter with the old starter." Sure enough, they sold us the wrong starter! Wow! What a waste of time and energy. By that time, he was pooped and we decided to quit for the day and return tomorrow. We took Kristi and John for supper at Swadley's in El Reno. We also saw Logan again because that is where he works. We got home about 9:00 PM.  Also while we were driving to El Reno,(in th AM), our boss from Montana texted me and asked if I could put an ad on Facebook to try to get a volunteer workamper for Echo Lake for the month of May. So I also worked on that while we were driving down there. We did tell him there would be a lot of trouble if they try to over stay. We like our gig at Echo Lake and Love the setting! So we don't want someone to get our volunteer job. 

My Valentine present and flowers.

I saw this on Facebook and thought it was a great sentiment.


Logan - Our Grandson who is a Senior this year! Where did the time go?



No comments:

Post a Comment