Monday, March 6, 2023

February 15 - 28, 2023 A Short Month!

 Wednesday 15th - We were up and around in good time today. The girl from Geek Squad was here at about 10 AM.  She was assessing what additional time would be needed to get us going. Buying a new computer should be joyful, this has been less than joyful. We skipped lunch and were back on the road to El Reno. We met Logan and got the keys to the Explorer. Steve installed the starter in about 30 minutes since it was the correct one. Then we tested it. I drove the Explorer around a bit while Steve followed me. It started consistently. So when Logan got out of school, we drove Kristi's vehicle to her at school in Yukon and we headed home. We had a snack when we got home and then rested. Thursday - Today was a routine day. We watched TV including our recorded shows. I did home PT. It was COLD today 26° with a wind chill of 13°,  Supper was Cajun Chicken Potato skins! A Weight Watchers recipe. Friday - I went to PT today after lunch. Most everything else was routine, like picking up the mail and working on the computer. Saturday - It's still cold so we watched three movies today. I did PT at home. Steve had trouble with his side of the bed. It would not go to the flat position. We took his mattress off, and looked on You Tube for solutions. Mainly we looked for a reset button. That was finally located but it didn't help. And low and behold, Steve finally figured out that the bed controller had been accidentally unplugged. So voila, plugged it in and it worked! Then we put the bed back together. Sunday - Our big adventure today was going back to Stillwater and getting a new printer at Best Buy. We also went to Staples for a cord to connect the printer to the computer (not using wifi for printer). Since we  were there we picked up groceries at Walmart Market. 

Monday 20th - Today   I felt a little bit under the weather and  slept in until 9:00 AM. We did laundry and had lunch. We tried to move items from the Passport (external hard drive) to the new computer. We also hooked up the new computer printer. I renewed our Escapees membership and worked on email and other things. Tuesday - Today our Geek girl was back. She was able to get our Quicken data transferred to the new computer and a few other things. We bought some virus software and MS Office software. None of our old stuff works, of course!  After she left, Steve and I had lunch.  Then we were able to copy the documents from the old computer on to a CD-DVD disk and put them on the new computer. Finally we had success on our own doing something. We didn't move all the documents, because a lot of them aren't needed. They were related to my working past. Wednesday - Today I did some banking and bill paying. Then we worked on Quicken and Photos. I had PT at Noon. They measured my ability to move my shoulder and wrote a letter for me to deliver to the doctor tomorrow. Thursday - We got  our routine stuff done and made ourselves ready. We left for Oklahoma City at 10:05 and arrived at McBride by 11:05. I checked in on my phone then they said to come on in. I met with the PA and had Xrays. I am now cleared to do whatever I want. I  can just do PT at home unless I think I need additional sessions. They said let them know if I need more PT. I do not have to return for another year. So Steve and I got bet  home and hung out. Friday - Today the VA called to talk to Steve about his hip. Even though he has had ablation on his back, his right hip continues to give him fits! I would like for Steve to have an appointment with an orthopedic doctor. While Steve worked on projects on the new computer, I worked on planning out our yearly calendar. I also worked with Steve on photos and documents on the new computer. I did home PT also. Saturday - It has been chilly for the last 3 days and we are doing mostly routine stuff. Sunday - After doing my home PT I worked with Steve on the old/new computer. We had lunch and then we relaxed. Later   I even worked on the blog. 

Monday 27th - We started out the week as most every other week, with laundry (only had 2 loads). Then I worked on the blog and Steve worked on the new computer. Years ago, when we subscribed to MotorHome Magazine, we had scanned in a bunch of atricles about places to travel. Well I could not find that thumb drive. So I wanted to copy the scanned files to another thumb drive. We were able to accomplish that. Then I found the original thumb drive. Now I have two! We aslo made a run to Walmart to pick up my meds and a few groceries. Tuesday - We did all the routine things. Then we went to the beauty shop and I got a haircut and color. Steve got a haircut. Tonight we went to supper at La Macarena, but only Linda was able to join us. 

And that wraps up February. I am glad it was a short month!

This is the little wall ladder that I walk my fingers up to extend my arm/shoulder.




My most recent Xray - It looks great!

Steve & I after haircuts! I am not good at taking Selfies. This was about the 3rd try. 







No comments:

Post a Comment