Saturday, March 25, 2023

March 1 - 15, 2023 Will Spring Arrive?

 Wednesday - 1st - Routine stuff this morning, including Home PT. We worked on the computer. When we walked today, Steve's hip hurt pretty bad. Thursday - I read my book and stayed up late last night. Steve is still working with pictures on the computer. This new computer is a real mess related to music and pictures. It  doesn't work like the old one. Supper was Chicken Parm, a baked potato and green beans. It was pretty yummy! Some days my cooking is good and some days it is great! Friday - Today we did all the routine  things and then checked out  our taxes with a little stop at H & R Block. We don't have to file so that is good. I worked on the blog. Tonight we went to Subway and got a sandwich, a little different than making one at home. Saturday - Today we started our day watching Dateline. It was all about the Murdoch murder trial. Then it was more time spent on the computer. Oklahoma State Mens Basketball team beat Texas Tech! Yea! Sunday - The highlight for today was driving out to CCC Lake and walking the dogs. The dogs were super happy because they got to ride in the pickup and take a walk. It was double the pleasure for them.

Daffodils from our walk


Monday 6th - After the routine morning things we started the laundry. Again I am doing PT at home about 4 -5 times per week. I am supposed to keep that up through June. Steve and I worked on getting rid of duplicate pictures from the external drive. I also caught up my blog through the end of February. Later we watched a Zoom presentation about volunteering to work in the Bob Marshall Wilderness. It seems to involve a lot of hiking and manual labor. They say most of their volunteers are 65 or over. Pretty interesting. Tuesday - Today was basically more of the same. I did go shopping at Thorn's in Perry for a birthday present for Hazel. We enjoyed celebrating her birthday a little early at La Macarena tonight. Wednesday - Today's highlight was a trip to Walmart. We were home by 12:30   and then we had lunch and worked on pictures. Supper tonight was meatloaf, baked potato, salad and berries. Thursday - Another routine day. The highlight was supper - Chicken Pot Pie, Salad and Berries. Friday - Again, just routine things including more work on the computer. Supper was Pork Loin, Brown Rice and veggies.  Saturday - We did a few errands around town. I am trying to make a picture book on Shutterfly for our Grandson, so I started that. Supper was Cajun Potato Skins and salad. That was great! Sunday - Today we set all the clocks forward for Daylight Savings Time! Fun! I do like it staying light longer in the evenings though. It will take a few days or a week to adjust to the time change though. I walked the dogs separately today - so Steve wouldn't aggravate his hip. They seem to behave better when they are the only one walking. 

Daffodils behind our fence

Monday - 13th. WOW! This month is going fast! We did laundry today and I worked on paying bills. Steve is also trying to get the music fixed on the computer. Tuesday - We were up and around pretty good today. We went to the Stillwater VA to talk to Steve's primary care provider about his hip. I want him to get a referral to an orthopedic doctor. Maybe they can give him some steroid shots or something to help him. So she started the paperwork. He also got a Shingles shot. I picked up a few thing at Walmart and then we were back home for lunch. I had book  club tonight and the book we read was: "The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society" It was a good read about a book club formed when Guernsey was occupied by the Germans during WWII. It is also a movie on Netflix if you have that. The people I told about the movie said it was good. After book club, Steve and I went to La Macarena for supper. Wednesday - Another routine day. Later in the afternoon we met up with relatives at Braums. They were on their way back to Bartlesville. So I got to see my sister and her husband, Pam & JC, and my niece and her husband and son (Paige, Dave, Parker). And surprisingly we didn't take a picture. Weird! 

No comments:

Post a Comment