Thursday, June 28, 2012

6/27/12 Wednesday Redwoods Sight Seeing

We decided to sight see today--did not get up early. We went to the Drive Through Tree first to check it out and bought a souvenir (wooden truck with log).
Then we went to Garberville, CA and had lunch at Woodrose Cafe. I had a beautiful salad -- almost too pretty to eat.
We also saw a Hemp House (medical marijuana) here and a few flaky looking people. Then we drove up the Avenue of Giants (Redwoods) admiring the redwoods which are magnificent. Steve got tired so I was allowed to drive (about once a week I drive the pickup). We stopped back in Garberville for groceries and called a muffler repair shop in Eureka CA to make arrangements for possible repair of exhaust leak and then back to the RV. Steve made a fire and we had grilled fresh corn on the cob, chicken and fresh strawberries--YUM! We went across the street and I took a picture of Steve and a carved wooden bear that also had overalls. I think Steve & the bear look really cute!! Then another campfire, hooked the pickup to the RV and early to bed.
Oh I almost forgot, We have been hunting for Bigfoot and may have found him!! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment