Sunday, June 3, 2012

May 30, 2012 Wednesday

It is a nice day mid to uppe r80's felt hotter because we are close to the sun. We got around and walked the dogs. We went to TWO (2) Walmarts to get my prescriptions filled. There was a nice young man at the first Walmart Pharmacy who called two other Walmarts to find my medicine. There are still good young people who go above and beyond on their job. We ate lunch at the Boston Market-- Rotisserie Chicken, Red potatoes, green beans and corn bread for me -- Steve had meatloaf. Then we returned to the RV and checked out some places to camp tomorrow night - made a reservation at Cortez CO- Sundance RV Park. Then we went to Old Town and walked around, got ice cream and returned home to the RV.
Steve started the charcoal, I put sliced potatoes in foil to cook and made some turkey patties-- well things were just not cooking with gas-- Very SLOW! So I decided to speed up the process and squirted charcoal lighter fluid on the coals-- OH BOY did I get FLAME!! I crisped about 1/4 of my left eyebrow (saves waxing) and singed my hair! Evidently I am not to be trusted with lighter fluid at this stage in my life. Lesson learned and re-learned. All is well that ends well! Tomorrow we are headed for Cortez CO. Sometimes it is quicker to post pictures on Facebook from my Iphone -- so check me out there also -- you may see different pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment