Sunday, August 20, 2017

Tuesday, August 8, 2017 Hurricane Ridge and Medication

The first order of business today was to order my meds at Walmart in Port Angeles and find out when they would be ready to pickup. I also talked with Hazel about sending mail and Steve's meds to us in Chehalis when we get there - There is a narrow window of time and they have to be sent Fed Ex or UPS. Every park is different. Not all will let you have packages sent. Some want it sent a certain way -- something you just deal with. Ask questions before you have anything sent! Then we headed out for our drive up to Hurricane Ridge in Olympic National Park (NP). It was a nice drive but smoky - so we can't really see the beauty. I check out the visitor center and we got T-shirts. Then we started back down the mountain. We stopped at a pullout and let the dogs check things out -- saw a waterfall, flowers, and the mountain (Smoky) and a strange tree.
In the last smoky mountain picture - if you look hard - you will see snow on the mountains in the distance. This smoke has sure been hard on our pictures! Next we stopped at a couple of places in town looking for some hardware - no luck. Then to Walmart to pick up my meds and supplies. Well, they weren't all ready - one didn't go through. So I called Walmart in Stillwater, they will put in it the data base - give it 10-15 minutes to show up. So I told that to the pharmacy tech - she said she will get on it. Then I wandered around Walmart and got our stuff, checked back - oh, she forgot to look - she'll get it in. OK --- The other meds are ready so I decided to get them and go check out. Then I will come back later for the prescription. I got checked out, told Steve the plan. He agreed and we decided to go back to the RV. When we got out of the parking lot - guess what? I got a text message that the last medication is ready! Back to Walmart and I picked it up. Then Steve went in to Walmart to use the Restroom - by this time we needed ice cream, so we got that and returned to the RV. We took it easy after putting away our groceries. Tonight we had a nice campfire with burgers and S'mores - then bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment