Thursday, August 24, 2017

Wednesday, August 23, 2017 Planning and Scouting the Territory

Today was a slow day. fIrst we walked the dogs. Then we started figuring out what is next! I got a reservation closer to Mount Rainier National Park- We will move there on Sunday. I extended our stay here through August 26 (my birthday, which will find us traveling to the National park to get my Senior Park's Pass for $10. They go up to $80 for the Lifetime Senior pass on the 28th of August. I'm getting mine as soon as possible! Either the 26th or 27th! If you are eligible - you should get yours also - that way you can get free entrance to National Parks and I think half off camping too. Then we will head to Oregon on August 29th to Fort Stevens SP where we will stay until Labor Day is over. Steve is getting free days (10/month) at Oregon State Parks, since he is a DAV. Such a great program, plus we are now set through the Labor Day holiday. We may stay about 5 more days in Oregon state parks moving south on the Oregon coast then we will head home about the 10th of September. I feel so relieved that we have a spot reserved through Labor Day. Now we can continue to relax and enjoy the trip! After getting these arrangements made we took a short drive to see the country. We saw some beautiful lakes here - Mayfield Lake and Riffe Lake. I will get pictures later (I hope). We saw a logging truck leave the forest and saw Mount Rainier peek out! I guess it is a rare sight at times. We returned to the RV for a late lunch and nap. We watched some TV and I worked on the blog - Still behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment