Saturday, December 29, 2018

December 10 - 16, 2018 New Tires and Leaving on a Jet Plane

Monday we were up to some of the usual things: laundry, bill paying, bookkeeping, post office.  I also wrote out and sent my Christmas Cards! In addition, I made a hotel reservation for Thursday - because us sisters are going down to OKC to stay overnight the night before Marsha's flies out. Steve's back is still bad.
Tuesday - I went to Enid to visit Marsha. Steve stayed home to let his back rest. Marsha & I ate at the Continental Tower cafe in Enid - it was OK - not great. I did a few errands in Enid and gave Marsha her Christmas present from us. After returning home we went out to eat with Hazel in Perry.
Wednesday - I took the car to Vance Chevrolet here in Perry. They were to change the oil and do a checkup before I drove it to OKC. After picking it up, I looked at the paper they provided and noticed that they had marked the tires as needing replaced! They had not said one word to me about them being bad. So I called and complained. They said they could get tires by tomorrow and put them on before noon (when I needed to leave). So we said go ahead and order them. Steve's back was a little better and he washed and cleaned up my car! So nice!
Thursday - The chevy place got me in about 30 minutes early to put my tires on the car. I got four (4) new tires on the car, so that should be good for awhile.  I packed up my stuff then drove to Enid to pick up Pam & Marsha.  Then we were on our way to OKC. The weather was HORRIBLE! It was extremely cold, windy with gust to 45 mph and continuous rain. Somehow we ended up eating at Charleston's again - not sure why, but it was OK.  The room was at Country Inn & Suites - a nice place - but I thought it was supposed to be Comfort Inn. I had to re-check my email to get the correct name and place.  This was a great hotel near the airport and we would stay again. Getting our bags unloaded with the driving rain and strong north wind was quite interesting. We arrived about 3:30 and stayed in our room all evening because of the bad weather.
Friday - 14th - We all had a poor night's sleep - Marsha was anxious, Pam was up & down and mine just didn't last long enough. We got up at 5:30 AM to take Marsha to the airport. She wanted to be there at 7:00 AM.  We ate breakfast at the hotel then loaded Marsha's stuff. We dropped her off at the airport - she did not want us to go in with her.  She doesn't like good-byes, so we did what she wanted. Pam & I went back to the hotel and rested until about 9:00 AM. Then she and I loaded our stuff and headed back to Enid. It was still miserably cold and gloomy. Traffic was light and we drove up Meridian to meet NW Highway. The drive to Enid was much better as the weather improved. After I got home it was rest and relaxation time for me. Marsha's flight to Houston was great and had no problems, but when she got to Houston her connecting flight was delayed. First it was a mechanical problem with the plane, then the crew, then the pilot. You name it, her flight had problems. She chose not to go to a hotel because they said the airplane would leave the next morning at 7:30.
Saturday - 15th - Marsha called about 8:30 and her flight still had not started. Next, it was supposed to leave at 9:30, then 10:00. They finally boarded them once & deplaned.  At 10:05 her flight took off and she got to Charleston, SC where Tony picked her up to return to their condo at Pawley's Island, SC. We wrapped Christmas presents today and later we watched Jack Ryan on Amazon Fire   TV.
Sunday was again a lazy day. We watched the Dallas Cowboys get beat bad by the Indianapolis Colts! Next we made a trip to Walmart for groceries and got them put away. Then, more football and bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment