Thursday, December 27, 2018

November 26 - December 2, 2018 Dealing with Death

Monday, the 26th I got up as usual ( after a poor night's sleep) and first on the agenda was to order some shots from the VA for Steve.  This is the day we planned to go to the nursing home in Oklahoma City and pick up Nancy's belongings. We cleaned out some storage tubs to take with us and aired up the tires on the dolly in case we needed it.  We also aired up the car tires while we were at it.  My sister Pam drove here from Enid and we all went to OKC in our pickup. We left here about 12:45 and got there about 1:45 PM. We talked the nursing home staff and they helped us get her stuff located.  Steve loaded the refrigerator, TV, walker and computer. We got things settled with the nursing home and returned home.
Tuesday 27th -  I slept late and  did some chores around the house. We had some more financial papers to fix with Edward Jones. Checked out some possible gift ideas on Amazon - but did not order anything.
Wednesday 28th- I didn't sleep very much - 3 hours or so.  I paid bills and cleaned out an old file cabinet that was in the garage. We sold our aluminum cans - 89 pounds brought $31.25. We cleaned up some leaves that had blown up by the dryer vent, so they wouldn't catch on fire. Anyway we felt like we accomplished some tasks today.
Thursday 29th- we went to Stillwater and bought shoes for Steve. Next we picked up his orthotics - they were finally ready. Thursday night football as good this week - Dallas played the Saints and won by one point. We talked to some relatives today that we had not heard from in quite awhile.
Friday 30th of November - Marsha (my sister from back East) was to arrive today at the airport in OKC. At first Pam & her husband were going to pick her up, but then JC couldn't go. So I got up fairly early and got ready, then drove to Enid. I met Pam and she drove us to OKC to pickup Marsha. It was foggy and not a very pleasant day! We arrived about 11:30 AM which gave us time to park and get into the airport. Marsha arrived at 12:30 and had no problems with her flight or luggage. We left the airport and ate at Charleston's on the way back to Enid. The food was fine, but the portions were too big and the price was high. We got back to Enid about 4:30 and went to Ulta so Marsha could get some hair products. I hung out at Pam's and we visited a bit and then I left for home about 5:30. It was dark and I had a hard time seeing but made it home safe! Yea!
Saturday, 1st of December - I took it slow and easy this morning. We watched OU beat Texas. We moved our vehicles around so Steve could work in the garage. I finished going through Nancy's things. We didn't do much. We did watch some Full-Time Freedom (RV) videos.
Sunday 2nd - I was up about 8:30 and we did laundry today. We went to Walmart and pickup up my medicine, Steve got some new slacks and we also got a new filter for the water faucet at home. We watched Garth Brooks special and really enjoyed it.  I didn't go back to Enid because I thought
Marsha and Pam needed to rest.  I made another change to Nancy's obituary - the final change.
The passing of my sister has been hard on all of us. It was so unexpected and we just weren't ready.
Is there a convenient time to die?   Dealing with the death of a sibling is not fun.  It is especially hard during the holiday season. So far we are making the best of it, what other choice is there.

No comments:

Post a Comment