Saturday, December 29, 2018

December 3 - 9, 2018 Memorial Service for Nancy and Visiting

Monday arrived cold and windy!  The wind chill was 27 degrees. Today my sisters  and I went to Woodward, our home town, to make funeral arrangements for our sister, Nancy who passed away. We met with the funeral home director and the preacher who would provide the service. We also met up with my cousin Karen and later had lunch.  We went to the bank to take care of her financial affairs. We ordered flowers for the service at Akard's Florist in Woodward.  After taking care of these arrangements, we returned to Enid and I went home. On my way back to the house I stopped at Braum's for our supper and boy was I tired. We watched TV and slept.
My sister Nancy,who passed away - This was 2015 at the Nursing Home


Glass Mountains on the way to Woodward
Tuesday the 4th - I got up late and we hung around the house for awhile. We did go to Stillwater so Steve could get a chiropractic treatment. Steve also got his driver's license renewed for $38.00. I think it is good for four (4) years. We went out for supper with Hazel at La Macarena in Perry and then returned home to watch TV.
Wednesday rolled around and again I slept late. After showering, Steve and I went to Enid to see Marsha. We ate out at the City Sidewalk Cafe - one of my favorites. then we sat around and visited. I also went by the hospital where I used to work and said hi to everyone in the nutrition department. They had a sympathy card and a gift for me.  Paige, my neice arrived from Bartlesville and then Pam got home. So stayed a little longer and then came home. We just snacked for supper, then TV and bed.
Thursday - 6th - I got up and did a few chores: bill paying, mail, car registration, gas for the pickup and other errands. We did some bookkeeping after we got home and later went back to the grocery store.  I gathered up stuff for the trip to Woodward tomorrow (snacks, blankets, water, other cold weather gear) because we are supposed to have a snow storm. We like to be prepared! We found out that Tony & Anthony flew out today and surprised Marsha! Wow! That was a crazy surprise.  Tony is her husband and Anthony is one of her sons. They flew out to be supportive for the funeral service - very sweet. Marsha was so glad to see them. They rented a car after their flight and drove up to Enid.
Friday - 7th - Today is the day of Nancy's memorial service in Woodward. We got around, and left home about 8:30.  The whole bunch staying at Enid left the same time as we did and they are 45 minutes closer. We all met up at Braum's and visited with everybody awhile. Then my cousin Kathy and her husband Bob arrived from Kansas. Next we went to Billings Funeral Home and visited with people who came to the service. It was good to see relatives and friends. Later we stopped off at another cousin's house (John) and had snacks, then we were on our way back home. We got back about 6:00 PM. It was a long emotional day. We just rested and went to bed. Also - the snow storm did not appear but it was very cold!






Service
Service
Steve, Mary,Tony, Marsha, Pam, JC, Anthony

Me & Anthony (my Nephew)
Saturday - 8th We finally got a little momentum and put up our Christmas Tree. Since Steve's back has been bothering him so much and I am not in the mood - we are skipping the outside lights this year. The Christmas spirit has escaped me since Nancy's passing. We did buy a new fiber optic angel for our tree and it is very pretty.
Sunday- I was sad today. I had previously wanted to go on the Tour of Homes - but I just wasn't into it. We added some more decorations inside and watched football. My night have been short on sleep - so naps are appreciated. Steve's back has been giving him fits - not sure how that will improve.  We will hope for the best.
Our Christmas Tree with new Fiber Optic Angel


No comments:

Post a Comment