Tuesday, December 18, 2018

November, 5-11 2018 Routines

Many days follow the same routine when we are at home.  We have chores that have to be done, like laundry, cleaning, going to Walmart or other places to replenish our supplies. Sometimes we do something more interesting, like I ordered contacts and picked them up and we got the new memory foam pads for the bed and put them on. That was quite an ordeal - but they are better than the previous ones we had  - so well worth the work.
Soap on the window at the car wash! 


The VA referred Steve to a provider in Stillwater for his new orthotics, so that process was easier.  We spend some time straightening out problems or taking advantage of deals - like AT & T unlimited for veterans. I also griped at Walmart about the change in the Savings Catcher program - but they don't really care if I participate or not.

On Friday, November 9, 2019 - we went to Oklahoma City and visited my sister Nancy in the Nursing Home. She seemed to be more alert and in good spirits and I took her some snacks and books. I also called my other two sisters and she talked to them on the phone while we were there. I asked the social worker when she would get her free phone re-instated - and she said she would work on it. I also talked to the nursing director.  Then we went to the VA for Steve's appointment. After that we went to Cheevers in Uptown Oklahoma City. It used to be a floral shop and was purchased and re-purposed into a restaurant. It still uses the flower refrigerator case to keep the wine chilled. It was a nice place and not loud, so Steve & I were able to visit.
Oklahoma City Skyline - Devon Tower (tallest)











Saturday and Sunday we watched football. In addition - we walked around the square downtown and did some bookkeeping.
Oklahoma State played Oklahoma University at Norman (away for Ok State) and we only got beat by  one point. Here, we call this game Bedlam!
My Alma Mater - Oklahoma State University - Pistol Pete

This is a gun that is on the square in our  town - Perry


Steve - Air Force

Dad - Army


No comments:

Post a Comment