Monday, October 15, 2018

Sept 24 & 25, 2019 - Monday & Tuesday East and South

Today we left Douglas WY about 9:50 AM  We drove to the Shell station  for gas and waited quite awhile for someone to move so we could fit at a gas pump.  We actually got on the road at 10:20. So it took us awhile. We are on I 25 headed east then it turns south.  Again we are seeing some great views.

Glendo, WY



Wheatland, WY
Wheatland, WY
Wheatland, WY
Wheatland WY


Chugwater, WY

Chugwater, WY








I have no idea who these two statues represent - and I couldn't find any info about them on the internet..... But they were statues in the roundabouts at the Wyoming Welcome center near Cheyenne. It is called the Southeast Welcome Center. We took a break here for dog walks and snacks.







We went right on down through Denver on I 25 then hit I 70 East.  By the time we got to Limon, CO - it was time to stop. The wind came up and Steve was tired.
It took us about 1.5 hours to get from the Colorado line to the east side of Denver.
We were treated with a double rainbow at our campground Monday night - but I could not get it all in the picture!





We had pizza delivered to our site from the campground office and we stayed an extra night to let Steve's back rest. I visited with some folks who are residents of  Alaska. Every summer they are in Alaska - then they come to Colorado - near Canon City and they also have a place they go to in Missouri.  They make a lot of miles.  They seemed older than me and I think they might be getting tired of making all those miles.
We stayed at the Limon, CO KOA - It was OK - but nothing to write home about

No comments:

Post a Comment