Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Tuesday and Wednesday, May 26 & 27, 2015

Tuesday - We had the day off today!!  We started out slow and finally decided to drive to Spokane, WA. It is about 45 miles from here.  Our GPS (the 2nd one) is giving us problems again, with the cord.  It doesn't work well,  shuts off without our assistance! It has been a pain!  OK, we drove over there to Camping World and traded it-no problem.  We had lunch at Wendy's then returned to Hayden to Walmart.   I had to get my medicine that was not available at the end of last week and we also needed supplies. Since we had the dogs with us, I went inside and did the shopping while Steve stayed in the pickup with the puppie dogs.  Then he came in for a little while at the end to help me get some stuff he wanted and we got the stuff loaded and went back to the RV.
We had leftover chili for supper and got to bed pretty early.

Wednesday- We got up early this morning for Volunteer Orientation.  We heard from the Park Ranger, (Head Guy in Charge-Randall).  He gave us an hour long detailed overview of improvements in this park, future improvements and plans.  He explained the fee schedule.  I was quite impressed with the list of improvements, plans, projects, etc.  This park has so many things to do:  Camping,Boating, Hiking,  Moutain Bike Riding, Swimming, Fishing, ATV Riding, Horseback Riding, Gun Range, Remote Control Airplane Flying, Brig Museum,  and just enjoying nature!  Also, this fall they will have the Veteran Reunion, the Girl Scout Reunion and Cross-Country Races!  Next Errin talked and they all told us how important the volunteers and seasonal workers are to the park!  Rah! Rah! A pep talk just when we needed it, plus a review of the mission statement-  Improve the quality of life through outdoor recreation and stewardship (condensed by me).   Then we had a great potluck lunch and returned to the RV for a nap!! Even though the museum was closed, someone was here from San Francisco, whose father had been trained here, so I showed him around the museum quickly after lunch and before our nap.
When we got up we drove around the park and walked some more.  We walked down by the Sunrise Day use area and the boat dock. 

 We went downhill gradually and wandered along the gravel beach.  Then we had to go up the steep hill (2 sets of steps).  By the time I finished the first set of steps, I was out of breath and had to sit and get rejuvenated for a bit.  Then I was able to get the rest of the way up.  I keep thinking that my physical fitness is improving, but I still have a long ways to go!  By the time the day was done, I got my 10,000 steps in.  



We also drove to Athol and got gas and some throat spray for Steve.  Somehow he got a sore throat, and almost can't talk!  Too early for a summer cold. 
We had a small campfire and talked to our neighbor host, Martina for awhile this evening.  We also made S'mores.  Yum!  This made for a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment