Thursday, March 5, 2020

Finishing off February, 2020

On the 15th it was a nice weather day.  We went to Walmart and got back home by noon. We watched OK State beat Texas Tech in Men’s Basketball. Sunday started out overcast but then got nicer. We drove to OKC and met Logan and Kristi for the RV Show at the Fairgrounds. We toured tons of RV’s. We looked at motorhomes, fifth wheels and pull trailers. We even looked inside a couple of van type RV’s. We walked our legs off. We were really impressed with some of these new RV’s, they have dishwashers, wine coolers, lots of TV’s and these electronic control pads!! They were really nice! Later we finished the day at Texas Roadhouse. Austyn was working, so she couldn’t join us, but we sent home food for her.
On Monday the 17th, Steve & I planned out our route to Big Bend and Tucson. We made some reservations at RV Parks, so we wouldn’t be left out in the cold! Then Steve worked on moving the power awning button over by the door while I typed up our itineray and paid some bills. Later we took a short nap and watched the rest of the Daytona 500 which had been rained out on Sunday. There was a terrible wreck at the end of the race (Ryan Newman), but he was out of the hospital two days later. Very lucky all his safety equipment helped him. 
Tuesday we went to Stilllwater and I went ot WW and Aldi’s. Then back home for lunch. Later I had another couple of calls with ChampVA and RML about a lab work bill. ChampVA is way behind in paying bills.  That’s the government for you I guess! Hazel joined us for supper at La Macarena but Linda had to go watch ther grandkids show sheep at the stock show.
Wednesday was chilly - 45 degrees. I did go to the YMCA and walk on the treadmill. Then not much else, other than make Chicken Vegetable Soup for supper. Thursday was cold but sunny part of the time. After Lunch I went to the YMCA again and walked. When I was done there, I went to the beauty shop to catch up on the town gossip. Friday turned out really cold, 17 degrees when we got up then later it finally made it to 40. We went to Walmart for groceries and then returned home. I did a little work on the computer and that was about it. 
Saturday the 22nd, I spent some time working on business cards for Steve and I to take to the FMCA Convention. I had free, blank, business cards, but I had lots of trouble getting the template to match the card stock. Finally I accomplished it. Steve & I walked around the neighborhood and also watched OSU beat OU (Men’s Basketball). Yea! Sunday was kind of cool and overcast but we did check the air in all the RV tires and put the tools in Steve’s pickup before taking it easy. 

Monday we did the laundry and just putzed around. Later we met Kristi and the kids in Guthrie and had supper at The Stables. It was OK. It was not very busy, but it took them a long time to seat us.  Weird! Tuesday, the 25th, we got
up and around for WW at Stillwater ( I finally lost 10 lb!) and also Steve had nerve ablation on the Left side of his back. We got home about 3:00 PM and rested awhile. Then we had supper with Hazel and Linda. Wednesday I paid bills. Today I paid the last payment on my car! That is a nice feeling. On Thursday we packed a few things in the RV. Then I got my hair cut and did a few errands around town. Friday we did a little more packing of the RV, all except the last minute stuff. Now that the trip has started I hope to do more frequent blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment