Sunday, June 4, 2017

Sightseeing in The Big Easy - Wednesday, May 24, 2017

First off, after the morning routine, I called the VA and got Steve an appointment to check out his groin pain when we get back home. I also ordered some flowers to send my sister, Pam. I did not attend the last conference session this morning - I wanted to tour around. Steve forgot his wallet so we had to go back to the RV park and get it before we got started. Steve wanted to take some daytime pictures of the cemetery, so that was first on the agenda. Then we drove to the City Park and walked the dogs - they loved that. Next we stopped and got a hot Beignet at Morning Call. It was delightful! We drove by Louis Armstrong park, but did not get out. We went back to the RV and took a nap.
After waking up we walked the dogs and did laundry. We drove to the Camelia Grill for supper - it was a historic place and you could tell by the marble counter tops and the layout. We enjoyed it. Again, we had great service. New Orleans is renowned for its fine food and service. They know how to treat tourists.
For our next visit to New Orleans, I plan to go perhaps in April or earlier. Our tour guide said April was the nicest month. I plan to do a daylight historic tour, see Lafayette Square, the French Market Place, St. Louis Cathedral, the WWII Museum and Audubon park. I want to take tours because then you don't have to worry about the traffic, one way streets, pedestrians, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment