Friday, June 2, 2017

Today's Dietitian Conference May 21, 2017 Sunday

We got up and around. After walking the dogs, we killed some time then Steve dropped me off at the Astor Crowne Plaza where the conference was held. I attended a 4 hour session on blogging put on by Regan Jones. She was an excellent presenter with great information. They did not have any snacks for us today and the people at the registration desk did not know where a vending machine was, this did not impress me.
The session got finished on time - so that was great. Tomorrow I will know to brink a snack, just in case. I called Steve to come and pick me up. We decided to find a place away from the French Quarter and near a Walmart where we could get some additional groceries and supplies. I checked on Yelp and found Specialty Italian Bistro in Gretna, LA (a suburb). We had Fried Eggplant as an appetizer, and our Pizza. We talked to some locals and found out some ideas on where to eat (away from the French Quarter) - they suggested: Landry's; Brisbi's; Blue Crab and Camelia Grill. I wanted places that were not so WILD! We returned to the RV, walked the dogs, did some chores and watched TV. It rained all evening, so we watched TV and got showers.

No comments:

Post a Comment