Thursday, August 25, 2016

August 20, 2016. Saturday Driving to the Forest at Neihart, MT

We had a busy morning - because in addition to the KOA being expensive - they had a checkout time of 10:00 AM.  Which is not that early - but we didn't get up very early last and we wanted to fill our fresh water tank.  Anyway - we completed the needed duties and headed out about 10:10 AM.  We did fine and headed west on I-90 until we got to almost to Livingston, MT and turned north on MT 89.  


This is also known at King's Hill Scenic Byway.  We always enjoy this drive!
When we got to White Sulphur Springs, MT - I wasn't paying attention I guess, and we took a wrong turn.  I flunked my navigation job today.  We drove up MT360 ( I thought it seemed a little narrow) and then we finally arrived at a gravel road.  I said - ummm I think we made a wrong turn in Albuquerque!  Luckily, thanks to a skilled driver (Steve) we were able to turn around without disconnecting the pickup and head back to White Sulpher Springs.  We stopped and got gas in the RV and headed back north on the correct path to the forest campground, Many Pines.




 We got there about 4:00 PM and set up camp.  Not much to set up when you don't have utility hook-ups. 

We went to Neihart for firewood and S'more fixins.  We walked the dogs at Steve's favorite site where he used to camp when he was in the Air Force.  We also some some deer and antelope today.  Good Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment